Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are these good numbers? Dyno stats

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 02:56 PM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Madnss
great job on your engine. dyno sheet looks pretty good. If you want more power you are going to have to have all parts working as one. I wouldnt throw just cams or just a 1250 kit with it if you want to have a decent power gain. If you just throw a few things at it, i dont think youll get what you are looking for.

A hammer 1250 with their 600 cams and 1200 or xb heads with crush or sledge porting will make some serious power with a goo exhaust.

your sheet looks pretty good to me. tq curve has a nice curve to it.

here is a dyno sheet from my hammer motor with the parts mentioned above.

Wow, those numbers are freaking impressive... Me likes A LOT! but with that said most of the major work has been done on my bike. So my next option will be to change the Intake, and other recommendations that were given to me by Kevin from DK Customs. Don't see a need to jump to a 1250 "YET" because of the value of dollar per hp/tq gains don't add up. But, I have been seriously debating the 1250 Kit and upgrading the Woods cams but first things first. I'm going to try the most economic options first then see where I fall to make a consideration wether to go the 1250 route..

Old 11-04-2013, 05:59 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,225 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Originally Posted by Madnss
Carbed. It looks worse than it is. That's a wide open pull....all main jet. I'm assuming it's pipe/cam reversion.
Thanks man. Love looking at your vids and pics.

Another question for you...do the rubber mounts give up any HP by being rubber mounted vs. solid mount? I know they weigh more, so there is the weight to HP downside. But I was wondering if you knew if by being rubber mounted that caused some loss of power to the rear wheel?

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 11-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,109 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Thanks man. Love looking at your vids and pics.

Another question for you...do the rubber mounts give up any HP by being rubber mounted vs. solid mount? I know they weigh more, so there is the weight to HP downside. But I was wondering if you knew if by being rubber mounted that caused some loss of power to the rear wheel?

I would have to guess on that....but i would say they are the same. Even carb vs fuel injection is still pretty close together for power.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:48 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Cool

I don't believe there is any loss of performance. In fact IMHO the rubber mounts mean we can easily enjoy all the available performance in greater comfort than on a solid mount.

I have owned Harleys since the 70s and kept promising myself a Sporty as back-up, but whenever I tried a solid mount I just couldn't bring myself to buy one. Having eventually tried a rubber-mount I had to have one!

The touring bikes have used the same rubber mounts system since the days of the shovel, for over 30 years, so it is well proven.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:50 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Not if you're talking about the 1200. With the rubber mount in 04, the 1200 got the Buell XB heads.