Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed the Security Smart Siren ll

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 07:19 PM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed the Security Smart Siren ll

Installed the security siren this afternoon, the install was only difficult because the directions were IMO somewhat unclear, the pictures did not show illustration worth a sh*t. Some of the problem may have been that I was worring of making a mistake.

I did attach the antenna wire altho I did not buy the pager and there is very little if not any room to do that, I was considering just leaving the antenna wire coiled up and not attaching it.

After the install I un-armed the system and re-armed it and only got one chrip, I hope that's due to the battery with-in the siren being dead or low, I put the battery tender on and hopefully that will charge up the internal siren battery.

The directions say the siren should chrip 2 or 3 times on a valid arming.

Installing the battery is a bitch to, especially hooking up the negative battery cable to the ground stud on the engine.

tom

Old 03-11-2007, 12:39 AM
AF FSgt
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Installed the Security Smart Siren ll

I installed the siren and had same problems. You should place the antenna on the frame as described/shown in the directions. The easiest way I found was to place the stickyvelcro on the frame first. Then roll up the fuzzy velcro with the fuzzy stuff on the outside. Then coil the antenna wire in your left hand. While gradually uncoiling the antenna onto the frame velcro "roll" the fuzzy velcro on the laid out antenna wire. The trick lies w/doing it gradually.

The siren battery takes a good long ride to charge it (per directions).

As to the whole chirping thing, I dropped my bike off at the stealer yesterday for another engine issue. I also told them that there was no chirp when the bike is lifted of the stand and no fob in the area. They called me today to tell me the bike is ready. Fix for the chirping - sensitivity adjustment. Don't know the final cost. Will advise.

The siren/pager is a good thing for me. I work in an office with about 25 other probation officers and goodness knows who many probationers walking in/out of the office. When the convicts ask what the pager is for I tell them "It notifys me when someone is messing w/my bike. By the way, messing with a law enforcement officer's vehicle is a crime here in Florida." It tends to cull out the B.S.

Old 06-16-2007, 11:17 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member

i looked and looked but could not fine the connector that the siren harness connects to on an '07 1220c. if it was like '06 1200c it a triangular connector to the rear of the battery. anyone done an "07 that can tell me where this connector is?

Old 06-17-2007, 11:30 AM
thomasf59
Outstanding HDF Member

Well on my 07 Sporty 1200 C I had to remove the battery to acess the connector its tucked in behind the battery, very difficult to find, I had to look at the alarm connector in order to identify what exactly I was looking for.