Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wear contacts, what are the best goggles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 01:57 PM
worak
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I wear contacts, what are the best goggles?

My eyes get so irritated when I ride. They become extremely bloodshot. What would be the best set of goggles? I have a cheapy pair now and they arent really helping.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:27 PM
MortgageGuy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: I wear contacts, what are the best goggles?

After wearing lots of different goggles,these are the ones for me. These are all I've used the last2 years and I really like them.
http://www.guard-dogs.com/shop/produ...69d7cd3831cecd

You can also buy certain models of them from "cycle gear" if you have one locally or online at www.cyclegear.com

Old 03-09-2007, 02:41 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: worak

My eyes get so irritated when I ride. They become extremely bloodshot. What would be the best set of goggles? I have a cheapy pair now and they arent really helping.
I have contacts as well. And most goggles irritate the bridge of my nose. I found some really comfortable, sleek goggles at a local ski/sporting goods store for $35. Polycarbonate, nice looking and comfortable. They are quite comparible to the $100+ shades I have tried out available at most stealers.

I figure if they last me half as long as the $100 pair, I am ahead of the game at nearly 1/3 the price.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:44 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member

I too wear contacts and I purchased a pair of PanOptx day/night glasses/goggles with removeable eyecups, so one can wear them as standard sunglasses if they so wish. You just have to try a few different models on because each one fits a little different until you find the style that seals for you the best. They were around $180 I believe, but worth ever penny so far I have no issues and went over a 100 miles last weekend.

Old 03-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Trash Rat
Road Captain

I also have a pair of Guard Dog goggles. I wear RX glasses, & the model I got fits over my glasses. Really good quality, & work great.Got them off of ebay for $36.00

Old 03-09-2007, 02:46 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: MortgageGuy

After wearing lots of different goggles,these are the ones for me. These are all I've used the last2 years and I really like them.
http://www.guard-dogs.com/shop/produ...69d7cd3831cecd

You can also buy certain models of them from "cycle gear" if you have one locally or online at www.cyclegear.com
Nice find bro... I just may check these out.

Old 03-09-2007, 03:12 PM
XL OCD
Road Warrior

Don't you love it when the wind whips around a bad pair of glasses and makes it feel like the wind is going to pull the contacts right off of your eyeballs?

Old 03-09-2007, 03:59 PM
dlovingood
Stage IV

Guys and Gals,

I too wear contact lenses so i feel your pain of grit/sand/wind to the eye.

my solution was getting a pair of Riding Glasses from my local dealer. they are the ones with the foam around the lenses. they sit right against the face and make a huge difference while riding.

i bought the generic versions instead of the Harley brand ($35) didnt see the point of dropping serious money into a pair of glasses that is going to be bug splattered and sand blasted to hell...

hope this helps in your decision.... i find them to be more comfy than goggles...

derek

Old 03-09-2007, 04:16 PM
DaveJ
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Custom07RKC

I too wear contacts and I purchased a pair of PanOptx day/night glasses/goggles with removeable eyecups, so one can wear them as standard sunglasses if they so wish. You just have to try a few different models on because each one fits a little different until you find the style that seals for you the best. They were around $180 I believe, but worth ever penny so far I have no issues and went over a 100 miles last weekend.
Ditto.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:20 PM
UltraPassenger
Road Captain

Have you guys been caught in the rain with any of these? I'm worried about what my contacts will do with the first downpour I get into. I've even thought about throwing my glasses in for the ride. Although, thats a last resort as I can hardly get thru a door with them on.

Quick Reply: I wear contacts, what are the best goggles?