Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I wear contacts, what are the best goggles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 04:34 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts
Default RE: I wear contacts, what are the best goggles?

As un-cool as it may be to some, I just use a face shield/visor on my 1/2 bucket for long rides. I can't stand the goggle strap around my head.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:36 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dlovingood

Guys and Gals,

I too wear contact lenses so i feel your pain of grit/sand/wind to the eye.

my solution was getting a pair of Riding Glasses from my local dealer. they are the ones with the foam around the lenses. they sit right against the face and make a huge difference while riding.

i bought the generic versions instead of the Harley brand ($35) didnt see the point of dropping serious money into a pair of glasses that is going to be bug splattered and sand blasted to hell...

hope this helps in your decision.... i find them to be more comfy than goggles...

derek
I think you may have misunderstood my post. The glasses I am talking about DO have foam surrounds. Better than the HD ones that I have tried. These actually seal all the way around. And like EVERYTHING else if it has the HD brand on it...well you just better get out the KY. And don't get me wrong... I LOVE HD, I just think they let the retailers run away with the pricing. The quality is good...on most stuff but the prices are ALWAYS jacked, even online, for what you are getting. JM2C.

Old 03-09-2007, 04:46 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Rain should not bother your contacts with goggles on. I always carry a backup pair of glasses or lenses though, you never know when one might pop out 100 miles from home.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:44 PM
worak
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow great iders fellas, i did 130 miles two days ago and my eyes are still red. i need to get something. i could go bust out the old crotchrocket helmet I have. anyone have issues with their lens fogging?

Old 03-09-2007, 06:47 PM
GothMetalGuitarist
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just use an anti fog spray. Clean the lens with windex. Then with rubbing alcohol, then finally the anti-fog.. you will be all set.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

it happens sometimes, especially in the rain. I find that even though the foam gaskets are airtight, they can get nasty when wet and will let water seep inside the eyecups. Just one of those foul weather PITAs.

Old 03-09-2007, 07:24 PM
dlovingood
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: GothMetalGuitarist

ORIGINAL: dlovingood

Guys and Gals,

I too wear contact lenses so i feel your pain of grit/sand/wind to the eye.

my solution was getting a pair of Riding Glasses from my local dealer. they are the ones with the foam around the lenses. they sit right against the face and make a huge difference while riding.

i bought the generic versions instead of the Harley brand ($35) didnt see the point of dropping serious money into a pair of glasses that is going to be bug splattered and sand blasted to hell...

hope this helps in your decision.... i find them to be more comfy than goggles...

derek
I think you may have misunderstood my post. The glasses I am talking about DO have foam surrounds. Better than the HD ones that I have tried. These actually seal all the way around. And like EVERYTHING else if it has the HD brand on it...well you just better get out the KY. And don't get me wrong... I LOVE HD, I just think they let the retailers run away with the pricing. The quality is good...on most stuff but the prices are ALWAYS jacked, even online, for what you are getting. JM2C.

pretty sure i did NOT misunderstand your post....

from my understanding your post/link refers to goggles and my post mentions glasses.

if you re-read my post you should see the line that states "i bought the generic versions and NOT the HD versions" so at no point did i mention purchasing HD goggles or glasses.

and fyi i was responding to the original poster giving he/she another option to goggles and my opinion

derek