Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BlkSheep's Iron

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:00 PM
BlkSheep
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So its been awhile since I updated this thread with my mods/changes.

As I've made a few changes .... I felt as though I should update this running chronicle of my Iron's transformation.

Over the winter/spring I changed out the stock shocks for touring air shocks, bought used off this forum.

I installed the HD digital oil dipstick and Screaming Eagle heavy breather cover.

I got my 12" Road6Customs "holy roller" handlebars installed. My old 12' bars were fine but I wanted a different look. Unfortunately the different angle required new brake and clutch cables. so I went with Magnum Shielding braided stainless (black).

When I got the handlebars replaced I was forced to get new grips, so the HD silencer grips went out for a new pair of Performance Machine Contour grips.

Recently I opted to upgrade the headlight from the stocker to the new HD LED..... wow!!!!

Got Punisher valve stem caps for air shocks and tires, just as a small finishing detail.

I've still got to get my wire tuck back in order.... its a mess after the recent mods! Been spending free time riding not tinkering ..... trade off!

Last edited by BlkSheep; 08-14-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:28 PM
BlkSheep
Tourer

So its obviously been awhile since I logged on here to post a photo because I can not manage to link a photo from photobucket .... no way to link a photo via html anymore ?

please help so I can link some photos!

Edit**** figured it out, tablet works but PC didn't

Last edited by BlkSheep; 08-14-2014 at 01:43 AM.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:49 AM
BlkSheep
Tourer

From my favourite place to get coffee, about a 25 minute scoot from home, this is my parking spot next to the shop.

Last edited by BlkSheep; 08-14-2014 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Ride time
Old 08-14-2014, 01:54 AM
BlkSheep
Tourer

Next on the list....

1) Throttle and idle cables in black braided stainless from Magnum Shielding
2) axel bolt covers and swing arm bolt covers to be painted and installed
3) headlight trim ring, boot(bra) and headlight cowl(visor) to be painted denim black

Last edited by BlkSheep; 08-14-2014 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:48 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Mr. BlkSheep, I'm usually not a fan of tank lifts or that style front fairing, but I gotta' admit...the combination of the both of them culminating together at roughly the same height makes the lines of your bike f-l-o-w together real nice. Good job...

=8^)

Old 08-14-2014, 02:18 PM
elfnyc
Road Warrior
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

bike looks great blk !!!

not sure you want to but u can always purchase krylon matte clear finish spray paint

and put three to five lite coats on the fairing it will match perfect and is easy enough to do

i did it when i had my fairing and just decided i didnt really need it , you know how it is lol buyin stuff just cause u can then change your mind an all lolol
but yeah it looks awsome and matchs great -- just a heads up

Old 08-14-2014, 03:18 PM
DK Custom Products
Sponsor
Received 49 Likes on 35 Posts

Good looking ride!!!!

Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 08-15-2014, 04:29 PM
BlkSheep
Tourer

Thanks for the feedback Drew, Elf, and Natalie.

Have been enjoying the bike and the modding I've done. Wish I could of made time to do install the bars myself.... Just didn't have the time, been crazy busy and didn't want to wait til things settled down. I had to have them on for the riding season, and sure glad I did.

The bike is nearing my "end vision", just a few more things to black out.

And Elf I hear ya on the buying and changing parts just because you can thing. I have pegs now that are perfectly fine and good but I am fighting not to order up some DK Triple Trap custom foot pegs. Wants vs needs..... Lol

Old 08-15-2014, 09:31 PM
DevilDog85
Cruiser

The ride looks GREAT! Keep up the good work. Blksheep I've read that we need a load equalizer for the LED signals, did you have to use one? If so did you find it difficult to do? Which equalizer did you use? I've never worked on a bike and I want to to this upgrade but I get nervous about having to splice cables for a load equalizer and end up frying my harness or something like that. We all have to start somewhere so I figured this should be a simple one.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:31 AM
BlkSheep
Tourer

Originally Posted by DevilDog85
The ride looks GREAT! Keep up the good work. Blksheep I've read that we need a load equalizer for the LED signals, did you have to use one? If so did you find it difficult to do? Which equalizer did you use? I've never worked on a bike and I want to to this upgrade but I get nervous about having to splice cables for a load equalizer and end up frying my harness or something like that. We all have to start somewhere so I figured this should be a simple one.
Thanks! Always tinkering.... It's addictive!

I had to use a load equalizer but I see you have a 2014 and from what I understand 2014s don't need one, the bike is setup from the factory to handle the LEDs.

The mod is easy though to answer your question. No splicing at all, just disconnect a plug and connect the two plugs on either side of the equalizer into the ends of the plug you disconnected and you're done.

This was the first bike I've ever worked on too. It's fun and rewarding, use the threads people have here and watch any you tube videos and it's pretty straight forward. Threads are super detailed and the videos are too.

Enjoy the bike and the forum! Glad I found this forum, it's helped me enjoy owning my bike in ways I never would have imagined.

Quick Reply: BlkSheep's Iron