Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple of RUBS in OT

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 04:23 PM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Couple of RUBS in OT

ORIGINAL: twisty571

ORIGINAL: aceospades

well i wouldnt get to mad..like was stated before rubs dont ride sportys..they have the money to buy the big twins and they go all the way with it..i know im not a rub..im actually a P.E.B.(poor everyday biker)
So we do have a category[8D]the other part of the comment goes along with my boss,trailers his loaded RK to the bikeweeks for the chicksand only rides with his local "well-off" peepz between the bars,his 50+K chopper stays in the garage & comes out rarelyEventually I'm gonna ride that thing!
yes we do have our own catagory..my wife actually made that one up..we went to the dealer a couple of weeks ago(so i could buy some riding boots to try and look like a rub)and i pointed out to her when a couple of rubs pulled up in an escallade..the husband and wife dressed from head to toe in biker gear..the women was actually wearing chaps..i didnt mind she looked good in them..but i told my wife they were rubs..she asked me what a rub was and i explained it to her..she said so i guess that makes you a p.e.b. i got a kick out of it so i figured i would share that with the forum..

Old 03-04-2007, 04:31 PM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: ******

are callin me, a Sporty Rider a RUB!!! Damn
Must be those two, 300 thousand dollar sports cars you got parked outside your doublewide...

or something... what stories have you been telling while at the local RUB bar...

Charlie D.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:30 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand the difference between a poseur and a RUB. I thought a poseur wears the Harley "uniform"(not the cool ones from the 30s,40s and 50s)rides around in groups and sits outside a cafe talking about his hog.And derides anyone not owning a big twin.

Old 03-08-2007, 12:26 AM
eggroll
Road Master

Maybe they meant "Rahlow's Uber Bike." I mean, c'mon, man; your bike is seriously cool.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:30 AM
alexcue
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

Really? A rub doesn't ride through the crap we do. Must have been a batwinged 2-wheeled motor homed saddlebagged poser.
hey I resemble that remark...[:@]

do i get a bye, 'cause i still ride a Sportster?

Old 03-08-2007, 01:32 AM
alexcue
Road Master

ORIGINAL: akenaten

I don't understand the difference between a poseur and a RUB. I thought a poseur wears the Harley "uniform"(not the cool ones from the 30s,40s and 50s)rides around in groups and sits outside a cafe talking about his hog.And derides anyone not owning a big twin.
hummm, i always thought the poseur (nice spelling by the way...) was someone who had Harley T-Shirts and had Harley stickers on his truck, but didn't own one and probably never will?

Old 03-10-2007, 08:56 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: alexcue

ORIGINAL: akenaten

hummm, i always thought the poseur (nice spelling by the way...) was someone who had Harley T-Shirts and had Harley stickers on his truck, but didn't own one and probably never will?
Ahh,I see! Makes sense.

Old 03-10-2007, 09:50 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: eggroll

Maybe they meant "Rahlow's Uber Bike." I mean, c'mon, man; your bike is seriously cool.
Thanks Man, I appreciate it, the RUB thing with TM and Zombie was all in fun anyway! We were bored silly that night!

Old 03-11-2007, 02:47 PM
SilverDragon
Cruiser

one sure-fire test of who's a RUB (or poser) ....

if you're actually concerned about being called one ... = ...you probably are one