Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bobbin the fender sparto sytle tail-light?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 01:38 PM
worak
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bobbin the fender sparto sytle tail-light?

I just bought a 05 1200c, a few days ago. I am in the process of bobbin the fender. I want an older style tail-light. Are there any other options than the sparto style? I don't like the license plate bracket underneath. I already took ther stock license plate bracket and bent it into a side mount style. If you guys have any links please post them. Thanks

Old 03-03-2007, 01:58 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Bobbin the fender sparto sytle tail-light?

They make the sparto style without the bracket underneath. Also you could just skip the brake light altogether and get the run/brake/turn indicator module and just use your signals as an all in one like the Nightster does. Another option would be to mount and LED strip under the fender on the end where you cut it to function asbrake light. All kinds of ideas out there.....

Matt

Old 03-03-2007, 03:43 PM
worak
6th Gear

didnt even think about the nightster setup, i know i want a clean, simple fender.the rear turn-signals are definately gonna have to go or atleast find some kind of flush mount.

Old 03-03-2007, 06:26 PM
MidWest XL
Tourer

There are lots of options out there. Take your time and look around. J & P have a pretty wide selection. I chose the Sparto before I bobbed my fender. I picked up a newer "improved" model that produces a brighter light. I also picked up a run-turn-brake light module for my turnsignals just to brighten things up back there. I couldn't find a newer-style sparto without the license plate mount so I ended up powdercoating mine black It blends right in to the fender and I don't even notice it:

Hope this helps

Old 03-03-2007, 07:00 PM
capttawes
Road Warrior

Hey midwest, always love seeing that ibke of yours.
Worak, I like the minimalist look as well but I think I would find some mini bullet signals before I went without them for safety reasons and the fact that they're required in many states. Post a pic of your ride when you can we'd love to see it.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:32 PM
worak
6th Gear

I'll get some pics as soon as the weather gets better, one day it's 65 then the next it's 25. Midwest that's the look I want. Midwest where did you get those bars, what kind are they? Would they fit a 05? I can always cut the license plate bracket off. I plan on doing a spring solo seat and putting some struts on there instead of shocks to give it more a rigid look. I plan on keeping the turn-signals, I just want the them to be smaller or if I could hide them some how. I'll check out J&P. You guys are helpful, Thanks

Rodney

Old 03-04-2007, 03:26 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member

J&P has all the lights and plate frames you could ever want to complete your bobber, Powdercoating the fender brace and shock covers will get you the look without screwing your ride. take your time and be creative. Think of a theme (skulls, flames, spiderweb etc) and go wild. Then post pics for us to admire.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:42 PM
MidWest XL
Tourer

worak

I got the bars from J & P. They're 32" wide drag bars. I have a straight riser and I believe yours is curved in toward you. So I can't say for sure. Maybe others with the newer bikes can jump in.
As far as the license plate bracket, the light housing is a one piece casting. Be careful cutting it off. The cut edge would definitely be rough and would require some cosmetic work to look right.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:43 PM
MidWest XL
Tourer

ORIGINAL: capttawes

...Hey midwest, always love seeing that ibke of yours...
Thanks, capt.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:49 PM
worak
6th Gear

The J&P website has some cool stuff, their suicide clutch looks pretty tasty too. I ordered a L.E.D clear lens sparto stylelight off ebay. I'm saving my pennies for a V&H sideshots exhaust. Until then, I cut one baffle out, but the other muffler has a cat in it. I thought 06 and newer had that? If any guys know of a set of drag bars that fit a 2005 1200c, please chime in. I was thinking about maltese cross theme, scalloped tank, white wall tires and 120 spoke wheel.

Later

Quick Reply: Bobbin the fender sparto sytle tail-light?