Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seafoaming the sportster

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 07:06 AM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,411 Likes on 5,011 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewBone
Nobody's "bent" Dan...did you somehow miss the "LMAO" at the end of my post?! And to be honest, I mean really...$8? Could you be that fvcking cheap?
=8^)
Like I already said, don`t get bent because someone disagrees with you. No reason to be insulting, just because I don`t use the 8 dollar per bottle stuff does not mean I am fvcking cheap (to use your own words).
A snotty post is just that, whether it has a smiley face or lmao or whatever.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

To your corners...boys! Let's all play nice.

No-one's questioning how any member/rider spends their ca$h...just threading about fuel additives here. I've used Seafoam & Marvel Mystery Oil...both work well @ 1oz/gal.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You motorcycle people are an odd bunch. I have seen people so in love with spamsoil that Im pretty sure they put some in their morning coffee and brush their teeth with it. Then the same person will tell someone a stock spark plug is the best plug ever made. Spending money on better plugs to the tune of $3.00 more a plug and running them 50,000 miles is a HUGE waste of money. Ahhhh but over spending $12.00 a single quart of oil is not, and them guys are mostly the 3,000 miles a year kids.

Unless anyone runs 7-11 oil, cheap plugs, and 87 octane, then stfu. Nope, no lmao or smiley face. My favorite though is people who slap super loud exhaust on and detune the motor as much as possible all in the name of noise. But I dont call then snake oil drinkers.

Not everyone here is like this, but any forum for anything is mostly a pissing match between who spent the most money. Whatever kids. Have fun with the peeing the farthest. Im going on a ride, even with a 40% chance of storms. I will just roll the thing on the right to get through it faster and smile.

Now go polish some chrome and take some pics, maybe brag to a neighbor about being a real rider.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Hey...I like 7-11 (slurpies are awesome) and can still pee 10' @ 51-yrs-old...

Yes, putting new battery in my FLHX today and going out for a run...only bad is the battery isn't OEM HD so good thing I didn't get the extended HD warranty...:O

Old 08-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 9,411 Likes on 5,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Dusty Bones
You motorcycle people are an odd bunch blahblahblah
The subject was additives for fuel/oil, and we don`t agree with each other...so what.

The subject was not who is full of themself/a real biker.

Old 08-03-2013, 11:40 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by Rog48
Ive used it on my 73 F100 and a couple of my work vans that are pushing 300K miles. Its NOT snake oil, it does work on very old or very high mileage engines. Each one has run noticeably smoother. I dont use it regularly, twice on the truck and once each on the vans. I have several newer vehicles Ive never used it on. I do agree newer or fairly lower mileage vehicles will see no benefit if maintained properly.
+1 - I've used Seafoam successfully a number of times on motors that are older or have been left to sit with stale fuel in them.
Do newer motors need it? Not if your running a good brand name fuel all the time. But, if you riding takes you off the beaten path and you find yourself using off-brand/no-name gas very often, a little preventative maintenance won't hurt anything.

I add Seafoam (1 oz per gal as stated on the back of the can) to a full tank of fuel at each 5,000 mile service interval, just to make sure things stay clean. That makes the $8.00 can is good for 20,000 miles.

Old 08-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan89FLSTC
Yo, ....I`m entitled to my opinion, just like you are, don`t get bent because someone disagrees with you.

I think you should spend as much as you want on that stuff.
Like I already said, don`t get bent because someone disagrees with you. No reason to be insulting, just because I don`t use the 8 dollar per bottle stuff does not mean I am fvcking cheap (to use your own words).
A snotty post is just that, whether it has a smiley face or lmao or whatever.
The subject was additives for fuel/oil, and we don`t agree with each other...so what.

The subject was not who is full of themself/a real biker.
Who says I was talking to you? Kinda seems like you are full of yourself thinking the subject has turned to your attention.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:05 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

I add 3oz to the gas tank every other oil change. I also add it to my oil tank 100 miles before every other oil change. I just did a 10k maintenance today at 12k miles because I changed my oil last at 7k miles before I left on my trip in June.

So I added the Seafoam about 100 miles ago. I notice the oil darkens within that 100 miles.

Crap! Forgot to change my plugs today. I'll do that in the morning.

Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 PM
jaybey
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seafoam

I wanted to see what it do for my 09 883 so at the last refueling I added probably 1/2 to 3/4 ounce to the 2.3 gal tank. Yesterday when I was headed down the interstate I had a couple of cars coming up my tail real bad I just changed lanes and kicked. In just a little while I found myself hitting 95 MPH which impressed the crap out of me. The throttle felt like it still had more to go but I backed of as I was entering a construction zone.

I like this S#!T!

Old 10-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Rob Robb
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

OK I can't find this seafoam in any store around is it a midwest / eastcoast thing or do i live in "Hicksville", Calif.? As for gasoline formulation my brother in law works at the refinery & they make several different grades, types of gas with different additives & according to him some are just filthy crap to avoid that the deliver to cheapy stations that we refer to as "Stop & Robs" so I spend the $ on good gas a big name stations I know from him gets the cleaner fuel with additives

Quick Reply: Seafoaming the sportster