Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Shipper NOT Following Agreement

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 05:02 PM
madchemist24
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Must have gone ballistic on the dude after finding his bike uncovered in the back of a pick-up covered in bugs and water spots.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:35 AM
Firewoman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I read through this and now there's no closure? Come on dude, what happened?

If you paid for enclosed shipping and it was shipped in the back of a pick-up truck they owe you the difference between the 2 costs. Like others said, I hope you took pics of it in the back of the truck. Send them that along with the bid specifying enclosed shipping and tell them you want a refund. If they refuse the refund post the pic of the non-enclosed pick up on their Facebook page. make sure to comment that you're going to plaster that pic all over the internet. You'll have their attention then.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:52 AM
rickss69
Stellar HDF Member

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts
Old 08-02-2013, 07:52 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

OP must be out riding.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:10 AM
ib5150
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The bottom line is that you get your bike in the same condition as it was picked up - really doesn't matter how it gets to you or it shouldn't - he could bring it in a pickup, and say he hauled it in a box then transferred it to the pickup for the delivery and who would be the wiser? If you have proof of a paid covered transport The bike needs to be in the same condition as it was received, if it is dirty then the hauler will need to pay for a professional cleaning. Dusty is not considered dirty..

Old 08-02-2013, 08:43 AM
bura0031
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha hey guys, so I am not in jail, I didn't go ballistic on the guy, and I definitely didn't burn anything.

Tuesday, I left work at around 4:30 and already had the trailer and the truck ready to roll. Initially the shipper estimated his arrival into San Antonio no later than 6:30, so I really had to make some time getting up there in order to meet this guy. I get to my buddy's place in San Antonio at 7:00 sharp and, NO BIKE! About 20 minutes later the shipper calls my buddy and tells him he is in Houston and stuck in traffic. New ETA...10:00pm! Mind you I have work in the morning, have a court date for a "traffic violation" the next morning and I live 2 1/2 - 3 hours away from SA. So we have dinner, took the girls out for ice cream and ended up just sitting around at the house. 10:30...nothing, 11:00...nothing, finally 11:30 the shipper calls and he is outside. By this time I am exhausted, frustrated, and still hungry because the vegetarian dinner we had just doesn't cut it for me.

Get outside, and the bike is in the back of the truck, strapped down at an angle with the tailgate half open. I snap some pics and start inspecting the bike and she is BEAUTIFUL! No scratches, dents, dings, water spots, etc. The only thing were some bugs on the removable windshield, which doesn't bother me cuz I am taking it off anyways.

This is the first time I have seen the bike in person and I suddenly find myself in an euphoric state. Cheesin' and looking like a doofus, we carefully remove the bike from the bed of the truck and I fire it right up...No Problem.

Since the bike was there in good shape and the sight of the bike and actually getting to touch it really took the edge off, I didn't mention anything about the bike not being covered. Come to find out they had a ridiculous chopper in the trailer, but whatever. I have my bike now, I can ride, and I couldn't be happier.

Ended up taking it for a spin around downtown SA and past The Alamo, loaded it up and got home around 3:30 AM. After 3 hours of sleep, made it to work on time, got my ticket dismissed in court, and completely stoked that I finally have my Harley!

I will leave a detailed review on uship for this shipper. I think it is important to be honest about my experience for people who may use him in the future. Thanks for all your input guys/gals, I really appreciate it and if I need a bike shipped in the future I will definitely use the advice you all have provided.

Sorry no pics, I need to figure all that out. I'm still very green as a newbie.

-Drew

Old 08-02-2013, 08:48 AM
Jester 08 Nightster
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear it worked out. Enjoy your new scoot!

Old 08-02-2013, 08:52 AM
bura0031
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I think I figured out the picture stuff.

My new Pride and Joy. Don't tell my old lady or my dog I said that.

-Drew

Bike Shipper NOT Following Agreement-photo.jpg

Old 08-02-2013, 08:55 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bura0031
So I think I figured out the picture stuff.

My new Pride and Joy. Don't tell my old lady or my dog I said that.

-Drew

Attachment 327056
Your secret is safe with us! Great that things worked out well for you in the end.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:05 AM
IRON1250
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice looking ride! Glad it all worked out for you. Sounds like a case of bing over worried. You will have bugs on that screen after the first ride with it on the bike anyway.

Quick Reply: Bike Shipper NOT Following Agreement