Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine guards- HD round vs. lindby vs. HD mustache ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:31 PM
MachU
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Engine guards- HD round vs. lindby vs. HD mustache ?

Engine guards- HD round vs. lindby vs. HD mustache ?
Can't decide which would look better and which would offer more protection?. Anyone out there have either of these that can post some photos with different angles i sure would appreciate it, also if you could provide some measurements such as overall heighth and width ?, cheers, thanks in advance.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:46 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

I can't say what you'd personally like better, but I personally like the look of the HD "round" guard. They'll all probably offer the same protection.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lindby makes 3 - and I have had 2 on this bike... this is my fav. I like the looks and also like the extra "foot room". I ride this as well as the main pegs (and even the passengers on longer road rides). you can see that the lindby has a place for your feet.

Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 PM
wanabe
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can ride this one too, but I didn't like the "sharp lines", so I kept the one in the post above... (this version had a diff seat and sissy bar, as well as emblems, etc. than the "newer version" above)

Old 07-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Jester 08 Nightster
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wanabe
lindby makes 3 - and I have had 2 on this bike... this is my fav. I like the looks and also like the extra "foot room". I ride this as well as the main pegs (and even the passengers on longer road rides). you can see that the lindby has a place for your feet.

+1, I have the exact one and like it. I do want to add some more pegs on the verticals for another position, but throwing your legs up on this engine guard completely changes your weight distribution and can add miles to your comfort.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:49 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,866 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Talking

I much prefer the traditional round style, which I have on my SuperLow. That moustache style? Na......

Old 07-17-2013, 06:46 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

I almost bought a Lindby for my bike, but after studying where I wanted my feet to wind up resting comfortably on the bars, I realized that the "built-in" foot rests on top of the Lindby were not where I wanted my feet to wind up. The wide width of the Lindby bar also made mounting adjustable pegs less than ideal, as the pegs would wind up sticking out too far away from the bike.

I wound up with the Harley bar, primarily because of the number of potential pegs adjustments that could be made to get the pegs right where I wanted them.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:57 AM
HedleyLamarr
Road Captain
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts

I've been thinking about something like this...not so much for the engine guard ability, but for highway pegs that I can quickly install for an out of town trip. I think a full-on engine guard would look atrocious on my 72, and for that matter, so would this, but I would never have it on full time

Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 AM
IRON1250
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

+2 on the lindby multi bar (rounded version). I only wish they offered a blacked out version. I love mine and don't think you can find a better looking or built highway bar. the built in foot rest is perfect for stretching the legs and if you put pegs on down lower and have mid controls it will give you 3 different foot positions. If you get pegs that look the same from both sides you can mount them on the inside of the multi bar if you don't like the wide stance of the bars.

Last edited by IRON1250; 07-17-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Krikit
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HedleyLamarr
I've been thinking about something like this...not so much for the engine guard ability, but for highway pegs that I can quickly install for an out of town trip. I think a full-on engine guard would look atrocious on my 72, and for that matter, so would this, but I would never have it on full time

I actually have this installed w/ Willie G pegs. I don't like it because I'm 5' 2" and my midget legs don't reach. Ill let it go cheap or for a trade if interested.

Quick Reply: Engine guards- HD round vs. lindby vs. HD mustache ?