Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

In defense of the Sportster

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 12:09 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,407 Likes on 2,030 Posts

forget it

Last edited by perki48; 08-01-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:07 AM
terminalhip
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

Well, that concludes my research into the Sportster model(s) of Harley Davidson. I really do appreciate the insights provided to this particular motorcycle. Rev Limiters and Modifications aside, have a great time time riding where ever you are. That was kind of the start of the thread that all bikes are pretty much equal, it's the riders that give them class. Thanks again.- James

Old 08-01-2013, 06:08 AM
terminalhip
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rog48
Die thread die!
Terminated, end of line!!

Old 08-01-2013, 06:11 AM
terminalhip
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tutorman883
Wow,,, first I find out I'm ridin a girls bike, then I find out it's not even a motorcycle, Now I'm not even a biker. I'm goin out to the shed last time I looked it said Harley Davidson on the tank. Humm maybe it say's Hardly a Davidson, I'm so confused you Harley people sure are an interesting group. (I was gona say strange but I don't wana get kicked out on the first day of school) Keep up the good work ......And now back to the show...
Welcome- Thanks for chipping in, that was kind of the point, we're all doing the same thing and the bikes are pretty equal, it's the riders that give them life.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:12 AM
terminalhip
Intermediate

Originally Posted by perki48
forget it
And so we shall, the point is if it's got **** or wheels, it'll give ya trouble!!

Old 08-01-2013, 01:49 PM
terminalhip
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dusty Bones
Yer killin me dude! The octane boost goes in the gas tank, you aint 'sposed to drink it ya know?

I dont have one that year so I aint positive. But I have seen all kinds of modules for that bike with programable rev limits to fix the factory rev limit.

Your 6300 rpm report is real close to 6200, a number I heard is the limit for around that time period.

Anyway, if you were close by you would have to swing by my place and hang out with the rest of the bunch. You seem like the type that would light your rear tire on fire and do stunts in the road, give the neighbors a real reason to call the cops. They dont even come out anymore. Ya think you can make it here for this friday night? If it rains **** gets real wild when we move into the garage if we get too wet.
Dusty, it'd be an honor to ride by. I'm in SW Florida, where are you from? My wild days are kind of done but we could have 'slow races' in the parking lot at the nearest church or supermarket after closing. The last one across the line wins, feet down you're elminated? Or 'coolest lean?' Cheers!!

Old 08-01-2013, 05:18 PM
Dusty Bones
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by terminalhip
Dusty, it'd be an honor to ride by. I'm in SW Florida, where are you from? My wild days are kind of done but we could have 'slow races' in the parking lot at the nearest church or supermarket after closing. The last one across the line wins, feet down you're elminated? Or 'coolest lean?' Cheers!!
Yeah right.... We would end up in jail, or atleast on the 6 oclock news about them looking for us.

Anyway, there is far less police up in MI. I like it better there anyway, but the roads down south are alot nicer.

But I hate riding through ohio! Pretty sure they still have the death penalty for speeding. Only ever see out of state plates pulled over too. We should go back to war with them, just an idea....

Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 PM
terminalhip
Intermediate
Default for some. . .

Originally Posted by perki48
forget it
for some evos still are here. . .in 2013

Old 08-02-2013, 07:55 PM
terminalhip
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dusty Bones
Yeah right.... We would end up in jail, or atleast on the 6 oclock news about them looking for us.

Anyway, there is far less police up in MI. I like it better there anyway, but the roads down south are alot nicer.

But I hate riding through ohio! Pretty sure they still have the death penalty for speeding. Only ever see out of state plates pulled over too. We should go back to war with them, just an idea....
I know about that ohio stuff. be cool