Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dynamics LED report...

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2013, 09:00 AM
Kontankerous
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You leave the reflector in, it actually provides a "back" for the LED disc to push against.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:40 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Kontankerous
You leave the reflector in, it actually provides a "back" for the LED disc to push against.
right on. Looks like I'll be purchasing these soon

thanks for the help guys!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:46 PM
ThinkWired
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if the CD LED's ever go one sale? Is there a good alternative? Im sure its a great product but, $70 for only two LED's is a bit expensive.

Old 10-02-2013, 06:27 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ThinkWired
Does anyone know if the CD LED's ever go one sale? Is there a good alternative? Im sure its a great product but, $70 for only two LED's is a bit expensive.
If you search the net they can be found $10 or so cheaper individually, but if you buy a complete kit direct from CD that consists of the LED's for the front and rear [choices: amber, red, Moon Shinez™, Dynamic Clusters2™, Dynamic Ringz™], plus the lens' of your choice [choices: clear, smoked, amber, red] and the required load equalizer, it's less $$ overall. BTW the LED clusters do have a lifetime warranty. The whole system is easy to install and you'll be impressed with the quality and amount of light these clusters throw out. The "Dynamic Ringz™" I chose for the front are like additional driving lights and the raspberry-ruby red taillights are just bangin'...and with clear lens', all that color is free to bLaSt out in your face...you won't be disappointed I assure you. These things should be required by law ;O)

Check out the kits, 'down towards the bottom of this page:

http://www.customdynamics.com/harley...rn_signals.htm

=8^)

Old 03-04-2014, 06:03 PM
Hellborne82
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Drew - don't suppose you'd be willing to snap a few pics of how you have the equalizer sitting/installed under the seat..?

Old 05-09-2014, 06:20 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Hellborne82
Drew - don't suppose you'd be willing to snap a few pics of how you have the equalizer sitting/installed under the seat..?
PM sent! I'll snap a couple pics this weekend and send 'em to you.

=8^)

Old 05-09-2014, 11:07 AM
wachuko
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 58 Posts

Looking at this thread again... Reminds me that I need to change my smoke lens for clear...

Old 05-09-2014, 11:34 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior

Hey man[!], you owe it to yourself to at least check out the 'clears, they really make the LED's pop like a ****...

=8^)

Old 05-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Ployd4
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Custom Dynamics will have a booth set up at a local Harley store next weekend. They are having a big party with lots of vendors. I plan on stoping in and talking to them. I plan to pick up a full kit or order one for my bike. The incandescent stock bulbs need to go!

Old 05-10-2014, 02:35 AM
SilverStride
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the dynamic rings in the front and clusters in the rear on a 11' 1200c. Load equalizer is a biketronics. I've had no issues for 2 years with either. The load equalizer fits nicely under the seat, all be it I have a mustang vintage and tucked nicely. No power required and it just plugs between the wire harness with the correct ends and are Installed. The only problem I had was with the clusters in the rear, I got the run , brake turn and with the service manual tying in was my issue. Don't know which was wrong, manual or bike I had a back feed issue. On the rear the socket post was neutral and the side was hot, opposite from what the front was. On the dynamic clusters I had to cut the wires and swap them, after that no issues with a the back Feed and every thing worked. Don't know if it was an HD mistake or a customs issue on quality control with the wiring. I've had many compliments with them and actually got pulled over because of them, the police wanted to know where I got them lol. Find out the part number through CD site and look for on amazon. Powersports on amazon is $20 cheaper and there in just a few days, same with biketronics.

Quick Reply: Custom Dynamics LED report...