Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Close Call !! going to get auxiliary lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Dustycowboy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Close Call !! going to get auxiliary lights

I seen it coming.. driver not slowing down coming towards me with left signal on in 50 mph zone turns in front of me way too close. I leaned on the horn the driver stops gets out and apologizes, says she never saw me. So I don't care how they look I'm getting auxiliary lights either Kuryakan or Sharplines any recommendations ? thanks Dusty

Old 06-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Jester 08 Nightster
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love Mine, they are HD and yes I ready do feel like I'm getting seen better. I use to have people pull out or cut me off a lot with my old bike. The V&H slip ons and three lights up front have made a difference IMO.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...onversion.html

Pic from the front.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:53 AM
subguy
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ride with my headlight on High Beam. Had AUX lights on my Fatboy and Ultra Glide (and bypassed the wiring so I could use my headlight on HI and the AUX lights at the same time). Had cars occasionally make a left turn in front of me anyway. You did the best thing you could have done, you recognized it as a possibility and was prepared. Being aware and prepared is better than relying on HI-VIS gear, lighting, horn, etc.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:03 AM
Pistonman1
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

I never stop to turn on a road or in traffic.

Go down the road take a right, turn around, come back.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 AM
doctoraustin
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had this happen. Found the LED headlight on ebay. For $300 new ($400 at HD).

I now ride with my highbeam on when I ride by myself. I can tell car drivers get more annoyed when im behind them. But I would rather them be mad and notice me then not at all. I love it.

Also invested in LED engine bay lights. Never was a fan until I put them on. Now better visibility from the side.

Love that too.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 AM
70x7
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I upgraded to the HD LED headlight with a Kriss headlight modulator. I've had cars tell me that my headlight is annoying, which I think is a good thing. At least they're noticing me! The Short Shots help too. During my last trip to the Hill Country (TX), I had 2 cars mention that they heard me before they saw me. The exhaust got them to look up from their phone and find the bike.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:39 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts

When I got my Road King I rode with the driving lights on all the time but this seemed to annoy most oncomers and I grew tired of them flashing me all the time so I stopped using them all the time and just reserve their use for when alone on a dark deserted road. Concept of using them all the time is great, the reality not so much. JMHO

Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 AM
chgofirefighter
Road Master
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

LED's is the only way to go.. Safety should be every riders main priority, especially in a big city.. I love my HD LED light, makes me more visible and I could see the road way better.

Attached Thumbnails Close Call !! going to get auxiliary lights-iron-inverted-mirrors-front-look.jpg  
Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by doctoraustin
...I now ride with my highbeam on when I ride by myself. I can tell car drivers get more annoyed when im behind them...
How inconsiderate can you get? When you are following someone SWITCH TO LOW BEAMS! Duh!

Old 06-26-2013, 11:52 AM
doctoraustin
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
How inconsiderate can you get? When you are following someone SWITCH TO LOW BEAMS! Duh!

Thats the whole point...I put my highbeams on so they CAN see me...how is that inconsiderate?

Quick Reply: Close Call !! going to get auxiliary lights