Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are V&H Shortshots worth all of the hype?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 01:17 AM
trgy
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Otter
Total waste of money. I bought the quiet baffles for my shortshots, and later the smartpartz baffles in conjunction, and they were still too loud. It would be a better use of your dollars to use them as toilet paper.
So why its called ''quiet baffle'' its so ridicilous , it seems like i better get use to it, thx for response mate .

Old 05-14-2013, 01:18 AM
trgy
3rd Gear

Total waste of money. I bought the quiet baffles for my shortshots, and later the smartpartz baffles in conjunction, and they were still too loud. It would be a better use of your dollars to use them as toilet paper.
So why its callad 'quiet baffles' its so ridicilous, seems like i better get use to it, thx for response mate.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:51 AM
trgy
3rd Gear

So why its callad 'quiet baffles' its ridicilous, seems like i better get use to it, thx for response mate.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Genine
Novice

duplicate post...sry

Last edited by Genine; 05-14-2013 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:14 PM
DougYITBOS
Tourer

I love my short shots.
I didn't notice any power loss, but when I installed them I also installed a new Air intake and a power commander - so for me the net result was positive.

They sound and look great, but they are pretty common.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:04 PM
Genine
Novice

Just installed mine yesterday with RSD air filter/intake system....it sounds really nice...

For the people saying you lose power from installing these pipes...would that be fixed if I installed a power commander and got it tuned correctly? I don't really know how it works...

Old 05-14-2013, 06:06 PM
Stonetone
Cruiser

I've gone the short shots on my Iron sportster and I live the way they look. They are loud. I didn't gain any HP by changing them. From every mechanic and 3 HD stealership guys I've spoken to, if you want HP gains, go with a 2 into 1 exhaust. If looks are your main thing, then I think they look great.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:11 PM
70x7
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Genine
Just installed mine yesterday with RSD air filter/intake system....it sounds really nice...

For the people saying you lose power from installing these pipes...would that be fixed if I installed a power commander and got it tuned correctly? I don't really know how it works...

Isn't that filter on backward? I thought the slant was for more room for your knee?

Old 05-14-2013, 10:32 PM
Genine
Novice

lol i think it is....no wonder! i was complaining to my husband today that the filter kept hitting my knee when I was braking....guess he put them on the wrong way lol...easy fix..

Old 05-15-2013, 11:29 AM
IRON1250
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Genine
lol i think it is....no wonder! i was complaining to my husband today that the filter kept hitting my knee when I was braking....guess he put them on the wrong way lol...easy fix..

make sure he puts blue thread lock on the air cleaner screws as they are known to loosen up and have been sucked into the motor. not sure they could be on that air cleaner but better safe than sorry.

Quick Reply: Are V&H Shortshots worth all of the hype?