Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dennis Kirk

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 11:50 AM
edgeofinsanity
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Found the same thing when I bought my 412s earlier this year, I am close enough to J&P to go up to their store, but the price they had on the shocks I was looking at was almost $80 higher than Phat Performance, plus I have to pay tax with J&P.

Never had a problem with Dennis Kirk, everything is shipped right away, and their prices are good... I'm thinking like the poster above, they deal in enough volume to be able to sell for less then some other places.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:02 PM
boosting1bar
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 970s were cheaper at Phat Performance at the time I bought them, otherwise DK is usually cheaper or competitive on everything else.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:46 PM
c0jones
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

When shopping for a new tire last month,
I didn't find much variation among the online stores.
This may sound funny,
but I chose Dennis Kirk because I remember the blonde from their old magazine ads.
She looked similar to Uma Thurman on Kill Bill DVD boxes...

Old 05-01-2013, 06:11 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TheRide77
Hey all,

I was looking at buying a new pair of Progressive Suspension shocks, and notice that they are seriously cheaper on Dennis Kirk than anywhere else I've looked. After doing a little more research, this wasn't just the case with the shocks, but exhaust pipes and other accessories as well.

Drag, HD Dealer, and even Progressive Suspension themselves are charging about 30% more...is there a reason why Dennis Kirk is so cheap? How do they get away charging so much less?

Thanks all.
I have purchased many items over the years from Dennis Kirk and I have always shopped others to compare. I seldom, if ever find items for less then DK. I have had an occasion or two where I ordered the wrong item and returns and phone calls handled promptly and politely. They ship in a timely fashion.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:23 PM
rquest
Road Master
Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by aces&8s
The Kirk cant be beat and if the item has a problem, simply retun it no problem.
Well then how would there have been a problem?

Old 05-01-2013, 10:34 PM
redrub
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TheRide77
Hey all,

I was looking at buying a new pair of Progressive Suspension shocks, and notice that they are seriously cheaper on Dennis Kirk than anywhere else I've looked. After doing a little more research, this wasn't just the case with the shocks, but exhaust pipes and other accessories as well.

Drag, HD Dealer, and even Progressive Suspension themselves are charging about 30% more...is there a reason why Dennis Kirk is so cheap? How do they get away charging so much less?

Thanks all.
I live 15 minutes away, it's all about volume and the rumor is they also own Drag Specialties. I cannot confirm or deny... But I think they do.
Don't forget about their price match guarantee. Last summer I called about the new LED headlight for my King. Their retail was like $230.00. I gave them a website that was selling them for about $210.00(+ shipping). She looked and said she found someone advertising them for $190.00 and would I like to buy one from them for $180????
I haven't heard of anyone getting one of those at that price.
Needless to say, I was there in 15 minutes with my plastic in hand.....
I've spent a lot of $$$ over the years there.
Quads, Metrics, Dirt Bikes, Jet Ski's, Snowmobiles....They have it covered.

Last edited by redrub; 05-01-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 PM
The Guardian
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dennis Kirk is okay, but don't expect them to help you out too much if you have a problem with a product. They sent me the wrong fuel pak for my road glide, and tried to push it off of Vance and Hines before the CEO of VH called them and told them to get their **** straight.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:14 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 576 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by rquest
Well then how would there have been a problem?
---------------------------------------------------------
I ordered a battery and it was dented in shipping. No problem return. First and only issue in many years with Kirk. Kirk gave me a choice of money back or new batt. Never had the first prob with Kirk.

Last edited by aces&8s; 05-03-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:33 PM
notofthisworld
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently did a bunch of upgrades to my bike. I was looking for new biltwell handle bars. I was on amazon.com and the best price was DK. So I started pricing other parts from DK, and sure enough they were cheaper then anyone else on line. So I bought all my parts from them? I'm in Fl, so I always got my parts in 4 days.

And yes they give you free deodorant and a return label.
I would highly recommend buying from them

Old 05-04-2013, 10:05 AM
redrub
Cruiser

Originally Posted by notofthisworld
And yes they give you free deodorant and a return label.
That is so funny!
I have only picked up parts at their city desk. Once I went there and they handed me a free Schick razor 8-/ .... I thought that was strange, and yet funny.

I do feel lucky I can get stuff 7 days a week, call in an order and pick it up 15 minutes later... Blessing and a curse....

Quick Reply: Dennis Kirk