Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 download works

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 06:21 PM
shawnfrompa
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 download works

I see a lot of people saying that the stage 1 download is a waste of money but today it made everything run soo much smoother. I started with my rush slip ons then I a put a new intake from dk custom. It ran like crap and bogged down when I gave it gas. Well took it to the dealer got the download and it made the bike run great! I just wanted to put this out there that was wondering about the download.

Old 03-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Sensei Jim
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear your bike is running good now. No one said the down load from harley didn't work. What there saying is the down load will adjust your fuel controller for a stage 1, BUT it will still be lean do to EPA standards that harley has to follow. There saying take that money you spent and put it towards a controller that when tuned will make your bike scream.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:17 PM
dboveia
Novice

Originally Posted by shawnfrompa
I see a lot of people saying that the stage 1 download is a waste of money but today it made everything run soo much smoother. I started with my rush slip ons then I a put a new intake from dk custom. It ran like crap and bogged down when I gave it gas. Well took it to the dealer got the download and it made the bike run great! I just wanted to put this out there that was wondering about the download.
Price of download?

Old 03-30-2013, 08:56 PM
shawnfrompa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dboveia
Price of download?
Came to 200 bucks even.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:06 PM
Darrin Palmer
Advanced

I have a straight pipes and heavy breather and stage 1 download and all it did was raise the rev limiter.....

Old 03-30-2013, 10:45 PM
Mich
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Darrin Palmer
I have a straight pipes and heavy breather and stage 1 download and all it did was raise the rev limiter.....

It would have also changed your VE tables.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:04 PM
Darrin Palmer
Advanced

I know I still get the low speed surging and tons of decel pop but I got some x14ieds on the way to fix that.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:05 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Sensei Jim
Glad to hear your bike is running good now. No one said the down load from harley didn't work. What there saying is the down load will adjust your fuel controller for a stage 1, BUT it will still be lean do to EPA standards that harley has to follow. There saying take that money you spent and put it towards a controller that when tuned will make your bike scream.
This sums it up.

I am one of the people guilty of saying that it sucks. And when I stated that, it was not meant to imply that the bike wouldn't run, just that for 200 bucks you get the same lean stock tune your bike came with originally. Now if you put that 200 towards a fuel moto micro tuner you get a much much better bang for your buck. The same can be said for any tuner that is not choked down by the epa. I just fail to see how shelling out 200 bucks for a generic lean tune that you can not access or modify in any way is a good idea.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 AM
shawnfrompa
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Uncle Chester
This sums it up.

I am one of the people guilty of saying that it sucks. And when I stated that, it was not meant to imply that the bike wouldn't run, just that for 200 bucks you get the same lean stock tune your bike came with originally. Now if you put that 200 towards a fuel moto micro tuner you get a much much better bang for your buck. The same can be said for any tuner that is not choked down by the epa. I just fail to see how shelling out 200 bucks for a generic lean tune that you can not access or modify in any way is a good idea.
If I can save 400 bucks to get similar results then why not. The bike does pull harder and is a little smoother in low speed and running a tad lean is ok. Also a tuner is really to me is just for when you want to do cams or major motor work then you want to tune to maximize full potential of those parts.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:06 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,300 Likes on 22,628 Posts

Another 100 and you could have had a PC-V.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 download works