Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't get it!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:24 PM
Wolhar
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: I don't get it!!

Well how about a 300 lb Gorilla then?

Old 02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
brauny1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ******
Well how about a 300 lb Gorilla then?
Okay, 'cept Gorilla's backwash to much and complain when I tell 'em to behave...

Old 02-16-2007, 12:30 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior

i have a set of bags for my bike..i really never use them unless i need to..i really dont think that most guys put these items on the sportster because they think it looks cool..they put them on because they need them..what is the differense if the bags and shield are on a big twin or a sportster? anyone is entitled to put any add-ons they want..thats what its all about make your bike your own...

Old 02-16-2007, 02:11 AM
eggroll
Road Master

I like having bags and a windshield, but a Road King would be waaaay too much bike. They're huge! The 883 is enough bike for me. [sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 02-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Sammi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Sammi Where in CT are you? I trek upto the Quiet Corner (Vannila Bean) quite often
I'm in Bristol, about 20 miles southwest of Hartford.

Sammi

Old 02-17-2007, 01:03 PM
jedsporty883
Tourer

I use my Sportie all the time when the weather permits. I found out quickly when I bought my first Honda without bags that I needed someplace to put a jacket. I had a luggage rack put on and bought a pack to store my things. When I purchased the Sportie, I picked out the H-D bags that go with the Sportster, just like my wife's Sportster has because I like the way they look. We couldn't have gone to Bike Week without storage space. Both bikes have luggage racks and we have two large packs, so we can virtually pack up and go anywhere our hearts desire. My wife prefers a windshield on hers, but I do not. Sure, my bags cover up some chrome, but it's a matter of comfort and having storage space. Sportsters aren't just for jaunts around town, they are designed to be ridden long distances, too.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:25 PM
CHASE
Cruiser

I went with bags and the easy bracket mounts, 30 secs and the bags are off, but I use them just about everytime I ride. I think the bike look good with, and without the bags on. But again, to each their own.

[IMG]local://upfiles/17399/17C8363C739146B39034E1EC49219589.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Sportster is one of the greatest marketing tools in American business. It enables Harleytostartyou down the garden path in stages. You've always wanted to try a Harley but you don't want to blow the whole bankroll when you don't know whether you'll likeone or not. So you go for the lowest priced "trial offer," the Sportster, and find out you love the Harley feel. The next stage is deciding there's a lot more you can do on one with windshield and bags.Harley now has you ripe for the plucking. Next comes (in my case) the economical Big Twin, theSuperglide, also with windshield and bags. But I've now got the itch for a Road King, three years after getting my Sporty.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:11 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: dynageezer

The Sportster is one of the greatest marketing tools in American business. It enables Harleytostartyou down the garden path in stages. You've always wanted to try a Harley but you don't want to blow the whole bankroll when you don't know whether you'll likeone or not. So you go for the lowest priced "trial offer," the Sportster, and find out you love the Harley feel. The next stage is deciding there's a lot more you can do on one with windshield and bags.Harley now has you ripe for the plucking. Next comes (in my case) the economical Big Twin, theSuperglide, also with windshield and bags. But I've now got the itch for a Road King, three years after getting my Sporty.

Guilty to be sure!!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:13 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the HD quarter fairing considered a windshield? I'm essentially going to make my Roadster into a sportbike. Upgrade the intake and exhaust. Maybe some other mods. Definetly change out the suspension. I guess my take on the Sportster is that its name says it all. While I can see the custom and low are offered for a reason(price,height,less weight etc..)IMO the Sporty is for sporty riding. Yes I realize that it'll never be a GSXR-1000 but it also has the whole retro thing going for it . That's why I wanted a Harley in the first place.

Quick Reply: I don't get it!!