Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Viking Bags

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:53 PM
RLJ
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Viking Bags

FWIW, I've ordered and received a swing arm bag, http://www.vikingbags.com/Sportster-...-7767-prd1.htm as well as Viking Cruise roll bag, http://www.vikingbags.com/Viking-Cru...-8565-prd1.htm

I've since read some older post from a few years ago or so about bad customer service or experiences with the products from Viking, my experience with them so far has been very good and I like both bags, they seem to be very well made and designed. I wouldn't hesitate to order from them again.

Just thought I'd post my good experiences with suppliers out there.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:19 PM
Odhar
Banned

Yea these guys are really good. You actually get to talk to a Real Person. I had an issue with the bags I bought, and while telling the guy the problem I was having, He says, Ok Done New Bags On The Way, no charge for return, and I will get back with you about how we want to return the other bags. Amazing, glad I dealt with them......

Old 02-12-2013, 06:32 PM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Odhar
You actually get to talk to a Real Person. I had an issue with the bags I bought, and while telling the guy the problem I was having, He says, Ok Done New Bags On The Way, no charge for return, and I will get back with you about how we want to return the other bags. Amazing, glad I dealt with them......
I was that real person I am glad that you guys had a good experience and appreciate the feedback. If either of you need anything else let me know.

Bobby @ vikingbags

Old 02-12-2013, 06:46 PM
RLJ
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Viking Bags
I was that real person I am glad that you guys had a good experience and appreciate the feedback. If either of you need anything else let me know.

Bobby @ vikingbags
Hey Bobby, I do have a question. My cruise roll bag has attachment pieces I guess for soft saddle bags, I didn't see anything but hard bags on the site. Do you make a soft saddle bag for the sportster? Looking for something that will go on and come off quick. My Cortech saddle bags have seen their better days.

EDIT: found the soft bags under Street Bikes..........

Last edited by RLJ; 02-12-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Houston_Nightster Rider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RLJ
Hey Bobby, I do have a question. My cruise roll bag has attachment pieces I guess for soft saddle bags, I didn't see anything but hard bags on the site. Do you make a soft saddle bag for the sportster? Looking for something that will go on and come off quick. My Cortech saddle bags have seen their better days.

I have a set of Viking Saddlebags product #: GUD-150. I love them! They carry my rain gear and or items. These are the medium bags they also make a large size; but the medium seem to be the right size for everyday riding. Thanks to Viking back for the great product.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Viking Bags
Former Sponsor
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RLJ

http://www.vikingbags.com/Harley-Dav...rValuesRequest

This link will give you all the bags that will fit your bike. Some will be the viking leather bags and there are a few cruise bags in there as well. If you do a search for the QDS on our site the quick disconnect is a great alternative to throw over bags for the easy on and off. If when on a bag click the installation button. If it shows you two sets, throwover and hardmount, then the bag can be used as either. Also part TOB-505 is good for a clean look and to keep the bags off the bike. Let me know If I can assist you further

Bobby

Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 PM
RLJ
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Houston_Nightster Rider
I have a set of Viking Saddlebags product #: GUD-150. I love them! They carry my rain gear and or items. These are the medium bags they also make a large size; but the medium seem to be the right size for everyday riding. Thanks to Viking back for the great product.
I take it that you had to relocate your tail lights for these to fit properly?

Old 02-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Houston_Nightster Rider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RLJ
I take it that you had to relocate your tail lights for these to fit properly?
Nope. They sit right in front of my lights. Just through to over, put on my two-up seat and I was going down the road!

Old 02-13-2013, 10:55 PM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Nice looking bags and smart of them to use plastic to reinforce the shape.

Can you use these with passenger pegs? (I'm guessing not unfortunately)

Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 AM
joedown53
Advanced

Does anyone know if the bags fit the sportster 48? I don't know if their is any difference between the nightster and 48 frame.

(Sorry for the thread hijack)

Quick Reply: Viking Bags