Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

forty-eight winterization

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013 | 04:29 PM
ret8ke
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Very cool...I like what you're doing.
thanks to the DK coil relocation and tank lift!

Originally Posted by BMCsteve
great looking bike. love the mix of brass and black
thanks man!

Originally Posted by IronHyena
that looks supercool! gratz
thanks!

Originally Posted by JLSmith526
Where did you get the brass points cover done at?
a local shop specializing in chrome plating and brass
called gg buffing montreal

Originally Posted by chad883
i LOVE the brass and black thing you've got gong on. very tastefully done my friend. looking SICK!
Cheers
Thanks a lots!

Originally Posted by chad883
Ret8ke -

How do you go about the brass plating? do you have a paint shop coat it all for you? i love this theme and have always wanted it to kinda of match my tank but i usually just found myself looking at aftermarket parts that are already brass...

I was curious to see how you went about the process. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated!
yea I have a local shop that brass plated almost everything, I wanted to do my rocker covers with the pushrods but It would of been too much, I'll have them powercoated black instead. the main problem of brass plating I find is that it's expensive and it dont always come out to the same colors depending on what material its applied on. its very similar but I'm **** about colors. I wont be plating anything else....I think

Originally Posted by hutch08
Hey that picture is of my 48 when it was stock!

Haha, Looks good so far! Chop that rear fender, buy a module so your signal lights have running/stop/turn functions, ditch that huge brake light and sidemount your license plate.
haha thanks for the pic! i was looking to find a canadian forty eight that has that big *** brake light in the back. and yours came up.
I was planning on ordering a new rear fender but I'll keep that project for next winter cause I'm out of $$$.

Originally Posted by aftica
Hey man, bike is looking good! Unlike the other guys though, I say keep the fender as is and lower the rear end down over that tire! Losing the reflectors will look better too. Whatever you choose I'm sure it will be all good.
thanks Yea i'll keep it like that for this summer, but I might be planning on buying the arnott air suspension for my next winter project. unless someone convince me not too.

Old 02-12-2013 | 11:38 PM
madchemist24
Road Master

Originally Posted by aftica
Hey man, bike is looking good! Unlike the other guys though, I say keep the fender as is and lower the rear end down over that tire! Losing the reflectors will look better too. Whatever you choose I'm sure it will be all good.

I tend to agree .. I have actually been thinking of finding a classic fender to replace my stocker. If anything, just loose the huge light and integrate the brake and turn indicators. afterward, relo the plate to a side mount fill all the holes. Then lay another coat of gloss black and that fender will look awesome on that bike.

Old 02-23-2013 | 12:29 PM
Van Buren
Tourer

I saw your bike at HD Montreal last weekend. It sold me on ordering the V&H Short Shots. Really beautiful bike.

Old 02-23-2013 | 06:19 PM
FreakyFred
Intermediate

Très beau 48. Tu es de où?

Old 02-24-2013 | 05:28 AM
bansheebob1794
Cruiser

is that tire mounted in the correct direction?????

Old 02-26-2013 | 11:55 PM
ret8ke
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Van Buren
I saw your bike at HD Montreal last weekend. It sold me on ordering the V&H Short Shots. Really beautiful bike.
Thanks! Was the exhaust wrap yet or still chrome?
I'm out of town for the next 3 month so I dont know where they at with the mods....

Originally Posted by FreakyFred
Très beau 48. Tu es de où?
merci! jsuis de montreal

Originally Posted by bansheebob1794
is that tire mounted in the correct direction?????
yea it was backward because the wheel and tire was off a dyna, it was just for fitment purpose to see if it would clear everything. Then got new tire on and back to normal.

Old 02-27-2013 | 08:25 AM
Van Buren
Tourer

Originally Posted by ret8ke
Thanks! Was the exhaust wrap yet or still chrome?
I'm out of town for the next 3 month so I dont know where they at with the mods....
I really don't remember but i do think it was wrapped. Is it possible it was a silver or graphite coloured wrap? Anyway, the whole colour scheme of the bike looked awesome and sounded awesome. For my short shots though i ordered the V&H baffles + the SmartPartz baffles as well to really try to reduce the noise.

Man, out of town for 3 months...that's our whole season lol

Old 02-27-2013 | 12:56 PM
DougYITBOS
Tourer

wow very cool indeed!
I'm slowly headed toward a similar color scheme - fun to see it done well!!

Old 02-27-2013 | 04:51 PM
ret8ke
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Van Buren
I really don't remember but i do think it was wrapped. Is it possible it was a silver or graphite coloured wrap? Anyway, the whole colour scheme of the bike looked awesome and sounded awesome. For my short shots though i ordered the V&H baffles + the SmartPartz baffles as well to really try to reduce the noise.

Man, out of town for 3 months...that's our whole season lol
haha i should be back in time for the riding season though
I ordered the v&h baffle too but i never heard of the smart partz baffles....
I called harley this morning and they havent wrapped the exhaust yet
cant wait to ride it

Old 02-27-2013 | 05:06 PM
ret8ke
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DougYITBOS
wow very cool indeed!
I'm slowly headed toward a similar color scheme - fun to see it done well!!
thanks man, I hope your gonna have as much fun as me hunting those brass parts.
I will glaldy help you if you have any questions

Quick Reply: forty-eight winterization