Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fix My Hog

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 04:43 AM
swedsporty
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix My Hog

Hi everybody! I´m writing to suggest you all to get the "Fix my Hog Sportster edition". I got myself a copy about a year ago and I´m very pleased with it. Fix My Hog are now releasing a "Bolt-on" edition for Dyna and Touring models and when I sent a mail and asked them about a Sportster-edition I recieved the answer that the maintenance DVD aren´t selling to well and because of that they are not planning a "Bolt-on Sportster Edition". They suggested that Sportster owners must be very qualifiedand do their own maintenance or they bring it to the shop for maintenance. I don´t know if that´s the case but in my opinion I think that the DVD is very useful and strongly suggest anyone with a 1986-up Sportster to get it. /Thorsten Holm, Sweden (no - I´m not in anyway connected with the "Fix My Hog" company and have no personal interests in increasing their sales...) For you who thought this somewhat interesting I suggest that you visit the web-site at: www.fixmyhog.com

Old 02-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Sporthawg1200
Advanced
Default RE: Fix My Hog

I have one myself and love it. Saved lots of money so far.

Old 02-11-2007, 02:14 AM
musocat
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Sportster DVD of Fix My Hog is excellent. The mechanic is a real pro, and even if you've wrenched yer own before as I've done, you'll probably learn something. I did. If yer a beginner, it's priceless.

I wish I had thought of it.

As for bolt-ons, you should get the Sportster DVD first anyway. It covers all the stuff you should be doing before you start modifying.

For the price of your 1,000 mile service, you can get this DVD, a couple of good torque wrenches (in. and ft. pounds) and the few wrenches and sockets you'll need and have a good basic tool kit to build on. And the satisfaction of keeping up with yer own bike. Not to mention, having something to do when it's raining :-)

No affiliation, just a happy customer.

-JP

Old 03-17-2007, 11:13 AM
rbcss
Tourer

I was on their web sight and the DVD seams to be only maintenence. does it get more involved, like changing a clutch or rebuilding a engine?

Old 05-10-2008, 04:22 PM
bdorr67
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: musocat

The Sportster DVD of Fix My Hog is excellent. The mechanic is a real pro, and even if you've wrenched yer own before as I've done, you'll probably learn something. I did. If yer a beginner, it's priceless.

I wish I had thought of it.

As for bolt-ons, you should get the Sportster DVD first anyway. It covers all the stuff you should be doing before you start modifying.

For the price of your 1,000 mile service, you can get this DVD, a couple of good torque wrenches (in. and ft. pounds) and the few wrenches and sockets you'll need and have a good basic tool kit to build on. And the satisfaction of keeping up with yer own bike. Not to mention, having something to do when it's raining :-)

No affiliation, just a happy customer.

-JP
Will the DVD apply for 2008 XL1200N? Their site doesn't mention the EVI models but see you have a 2007.

Thanks!