Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with a Nightster yet?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:08 AM
pokey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anyone with a Nightster yet?

i seen one at the dealer, the other day, i ride an 883r and honestly the bike is cool... but it's really small. Mind you it's a nice bike but, i didn't even want to sit on it, would have felt like i was sitting on the floor, would be nice for someone petite.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:24 AM
sportin_2007
Tourer

I'm not petite at 5'10 208lbs and I bought one, although it's for the wife (smiling here).I got an all black one ordered with a March Build and an April Delivery for 13,100.00 CDN out the door. I think thats about 11,150.00 USD at todays money.

Old 02-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Danester
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Sean883

ORIGINAL: wbogley

I dont know if I would ever trade in a BT 88 for a 1200 (74 CI) straight up. It seems like a big step down to a 1200. IMO, the sportster and the dyna are both almost the same bike, but the BT is a much bigger engine.
Have you ever ridden a TC 88? If not you are not giving the 1200 enough respect, it will walk away from the big twin.
you are on target! I rode a 1200C for three and a half years, had more zip when I needed it thanmy BT -- now as far as maneuverability/agility - -I'm stuck in traffic and tight situations,that my Sportie could get me out of any day of the week!

edited to add the following: I like the looks of the Nightster..at 6 ft, 200pds, even as low as it is, I think it would work for me as I would need a forward control conversion - but I would definately enjoy the ride - IMHO (and just mine) -it's the sweetest looking Sportster to date off the assembly line -

Old 02-13-2007, 05:15 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Well, when I started this thread I was hoping to hear from at least one guy that already had one....but nobody has one yet! Looks like it may not be such a big hit after all.

In actuality, any of you guys that have a sporty already could bob your fenders, and buy a side mount plate, and be there.

Joe
[&:]

Old 02-13-2007, 06:37 PM
pokey
Tourer

well i'm 5'10.5, and it's really cool-looking, but very low to the ground... definetly would need forward controls...

Old 02-13-2007, 07:12 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed - just sat on one this noontime at another dealer. I'm 6' 190ibs and long waisted and it did seem small but cool - loved the low feeling, but forward controls or at least highway pegs would be needed even with my short legs. Plus I'd need higher positioned handle bars to be comfortable I suspect. It was the silver/black denim color and WAS BEAUTIFUL - just wish they had painted the engine real black instead of light charcoal - just didn't look finished or match up well colorwise. Plate location, different seat, black wheels, bobbed fenders, fork boots, small sporty tank all look awesome on this model - nicely done. And the pipes are very unique. Haven't seen anything like them before. Made me want a second bike and I just bought my Street Bob in December!
Chip

Old 02-13-2007, 07:39 PM
MikeLVNV01
Advanced

from what I have seen here in Vegas they are sellin as fast as they hit the floor. U also have to remember they just came out 2 weeks ago. I will have mine soon.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:47 PM
TXjammer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: traveler

Hi,

Just curious, anyone one here got their Nightster yet? I will probably go over and order mine in about a week or so....blue suede and black.

Joe
[&:]
A newbie just logged in today saying he has one! (02/13/07) Didn't know if you saw it or not.

Old 02-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Hagar the Horrible
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you think they look cool in the picture go see one in real life. I'm startin to like those shock boots, and front fender bracket, the engine color, the rear fender.... i could go on, and on. Would I by one? If I felt I needed a fleet of Sportsters, sure. Would I trade mine for it, well, I don't like it that much. It's still a cool ride though

Old 03-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Joe The Bird
Advanced

Bought mine today, I have to pick it up next week though. Ill let you know when I get it. All black.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a Nightster yet?