Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

??Did i mess-up,,GIECO INS

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 09:12 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: ??Did i mess-up,,GIECO INS

We have had bad experiences with Geicotoo. My wife was hit in her car from behind and pushed into the car in front of her. The person in back had State Farm and they refused to pay. Geico told us to pay the deductible and have it fixed so we could drive it then they would refund us the deductible when they settled. A month or 2 later geico sent us a nice letter in the mail saying we weren't getting our money back and our insurance was cancelled. [:@]
The stupid thing was just by looking at the car it was obvious what had happened. the back of the car had damge from a car hitting straight on not at an angle. The front passenger side fender was damaged also. When the Geico fool came out to take pictures of the car he took pictures of the back then started to get in his car to leave andI stopped him.I told him he should take pictures of the front fender also and he acted like he had no idea the front was hit.
Now the jackass in back with State farm said my wife hit the car in front first then he hit her. Ok but if that is true then why is the front passenger side fender damaged (she must have swerved to the left) then where he hit her was staright on from the back? Wouldn't where he hit her also be at an angle unless he followed her straight into the ditch where our car ended up yet he was still on the road straight as an arrow. Pisses me off to this day.

Old 02-05-2007, 09:23 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh don't even get me started on State Farm. [:@]

Old 02-05-2007, 09:54 PM
SportyPig
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Now, I have great experience with State Farm, but not with my bike. I originally just added the bike to my other State Farm policies, but then shopped around. And even my State Farm agent told me, as I was not renewing the policy, that I was better off with a different company for motorcycle insurance.

Old 02-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

State Farm is mine for now. Still have a visual on Heather's handlebar passenger peg post.lol!!

Old 02-06-2007, 12:30 AM
twisty571
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm going to find out what my Sporty will cost full coverage but my 06 Shadow is only 136 a year here in PA not thru Geico,it's Dairyland and the wife has wiped my Eclipse & Bonneville out and we had no troubles,she didn't get hurt,just her old job was3rd shift(10hours) and a hour drive back & forth and she fell asleep[]

Old 02-06-2007, 01:34 AM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I use Progressive and pay $65 a month. Not going to lie, I know its probably state minimums. I'm not a fan of Progressgive with the way they handled a claim I was involved in few years ago, their "investigator" didn't investigate crap. I love GEICO for my truck and have nothing but great things with the auto side... just couldn't get motorcycle because of the lack of an MSF course at the time.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:12 AM
aceospades
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use geico and i have full coverage and its $316 a year for the bike..and $995 a year for liability on 2 cars..no problems so far.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:56 AM
musocat
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that's pretty good -- but it's hard to compare state-to-state. I'm in CA and my full coverage on an '07 XL1200C is $198/year. I have 500K liability tho' cuz I own property. That's with AIG and a flawless driving record and I've been motorcycle licensed for 25 years.

OTOH, a friend of mine with '04 Honda Rebel 250, a permit, and a deuce on her record pays $1,800.00. Yikes.

-JP

Old 02-06-2007, 07:40 AM
dbleagle
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Insurance is one of the biggest rip-offs there is... but what are you gonna do... ya' have to have it...

When they started classifying motorcycles as RVs they can do what they want... no multi-vehicle discount

My state charges the full percentage on a purchase... on a car it's 2 percent less...

Don't even get me started on how a motorcyclist is screwed and tattooed

I pay something like $380 a year....

Charlie D.

Old 02-06-2007, 08:41 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You're way underinsured. You need to raise your limits. If you caused someones death do you think you have enough coverage??

Quick Reply: ??Did i mess-up,,GIECO INS