Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

48 pegs on Nightster mids?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 01:36 PM
dd666
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 48 pegs on Nightster mids?

Hi all. I'm wanting to convert my new 48 to mid controls. I've found a set of Nightster mids on eBay but they're being sold without foot pegs. Does anyone know if the pegs from my 48 forwards will fit the Nightster mids?
Sorry if it's a stupid question, I'm new to the Harley world.
Thanks.

Last edited by dd666; 01-07-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:43 PM
fishbat
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They'll fit, but they stick out and look a little weird. I did it on mine, and left it for a week or two, but they really bugged me so I swapped em out.

But yes, it definitely works.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

48 pegs on yer Nightster? It'll look like a porcupine, and besides, how're you gonna' stabilize another 23 people on that Sporty?

Oh wait......LOL...

=8^)

Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM
dd666
Advanced

As soon as I posted this I knew someone would give me a comical response!
Thanks guys.

Old 01-07-2013, 08:20 PM
DrewBone
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dd666
As soon as I posted this I knew someone would give me a comical response!
Thanks guys.
'dd666, glad you saw the humor in my response!

If I may ask, where in Australia are you from? Years ago, in the early '70's, we had a nice family from down under move onto a neighboring street and we instantly became friends. 'Loved the way you all spoke! Their last name was Broome...their Dad was an editor for the Sun newspaper and worked in NYC, and he brought with him his three children; Darren, Warren and Nicole, and lastly their housekeeper Bill Peterson. I have nothing but fond memories from my early teenage years as we spent numerous years together sharing our youth, until they decided to return home to Australia about 10 years after arriving in the US, apparently homesick.

My oldest sis used to stay in touch with Bill until his untimely passing, I believe in the late 80's to early '90's. He was an opal dealer if memory serves me correctly. I lost touch with the Broome's many years ago and I never knew where they moved back to in Australia, and I often wonder what had become of them all. I do know that Warren was my age so that would make him 53 years old or so today.

Well, nice chatting, best wishes with the bike, ride safe!

Regards,
=8^)
aka DrewBone
aka Andy

Old 01-07-2013, 10:41 PM
dd666
Advanced

Hey Andy. I'm from geelong in Victoria, about 50 miles south west of Melbourne.
It's a strange world. When I was growing up the house next door was owned by an aluminum smelter, big Australian company called Alcoa. They used to bring families out from the USA to work for them and they'd live next door to me. A large part of my childhood was spent playing with American kids. It was awesome. Used to love giving them Vegemite for the first time! It's quite the acquired taste.
My favorite family that stayed there were the Tupers. They were from Texas I think. Loved their accents.
Same story, lost touch after they moved home.
Can't say I know of your missing family. The sun was a Melbourne paper (now called the herald sun) so maybe they're still in Melbourne. There's a town in the west called Broome. No relevance, just a nugget of info for ya.
Are you still in NYC? I was there in 2010, loved it. Didn't want to leave. We (my wife and I) spent 5 weeks in the USA and as soon as we got back we looked into moving there, not knowing how hard it is to get a green card. That dream didn't last long.
Nice talking to ya mate. Brought back a lot of good memories.
Colin.

Last edited by dd666; 01-08-2013 at 04:19 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:23 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior

Pleased to meet you Colin, and thanks for the reply!

Amazing how even though we are thousands of miles away, the similarities of life and the human element are closer than you'd think.

Vegemite? HA! The Broom's [edit: thinking back I don't think there was an "e" at the end of their name, sorry, I am getting old, LOL] never even mentioned it, at least I don't think they did anyway, it has been so many years ago! But I have no problem whatsoever remembering their vernacular compared to ours here in the 'States:

Aussie: "Go bring in the rubbish tins."
American: "Go bring in the garbage cans."

Aussie: "Put them in the gah-roj."
American: "Put them in the garage."

Aussie: "Did you pick up some ta-mah-toes?"
American: "Did you pick up some tomatoes?"

Aussie: "You bloody bahs-tard!"
American: "You f%!#ing bastard!"

It was great...we had so many laughs making fun of each other! 'Shoulda seen the Church clerk when Warren, the youngest son, when asked what Church he attended prior, proclaimed, "The Church of England!" After getting a weird look from the clerk my Mom informed her that it was true, Warren was from Australia! We couldn't have been older than 13-14 years old.

Mr. Broom worked in NYC but [we both] lived out on the south shore of Long Island, out in the "sticks" as it is known to the city dwellers/slickers. Having lived here practically my entire life, outside of a year and a half in North Carolina back in '89-'90, it's always been Long Island, which is a far cry from the city. Truth be told, even though there are many many things to see and do in the city where you can't do most anywhere else, I actually loath the place...because of the high crime/murder/burglary/rape/whatever else rates there, these things affect and practically dictate legislation and law for the entire state, which is unrealistic because it's such a small area compared to the overall size and population of the rest of the state, and burdens those who live outside the city, particularly upstate NY and Long Island with what amounts to unconstitutional law[s]. The place is crawling with liberals, do gooders, those living off the government teat, and of course every flavour of criminal you could shake a stick at, most of whom work for the government, LOL!

Anyway, again, ride safe and see you around the board!
mate!
Regards,
Andy

Last edited by DrewBone; 01-08-2013 at 09:37 AM.