Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1250 conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Mich
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm really looking forward to DKs dyno pulls.

If it is true and **** has been banned because of the sparkplug fiasco, (hopefully someone from HD forums will confirm or deny) I will be out of here and using a different forum from now on.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM
samhallnc
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Mich
I'm really looking forward to DKs dyno pulls.

If it is true and **** has been banned because of the sparkplug fiasco, (hopefully someone from HD forums will confirm or deny) I will be out of here and using a different forum from now on.
It's true. Dan posted the emails he received from HDF admins on XLF if you want to see their reasoning.

Old 12-07-2012, 09:16 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,867 Likes on 2,429 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by samhallnc
It's true. Dan posted the emails he received from HDF admins on XLF if you want to see their reasoning.
Well that was just plain stupid of him!

Having read XL Forum and reflecting on the Pulstars thread, we had two individuals who could not see when it was wise to just stop! Frankly they could both have been kicked into the long grass.

Last edited by grbrown; 12-07-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Added para.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:47 AM
1984_FXRT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
Well that was just plain stupid of him!

Having read XL Forum and reflecting on the Pulstars thread, we had two individuals who could not see when it was wise to just stop! Frankly they could both have been kicked into the long grass.
Well - if the forum admins choose to behave in this manner, I'm done here.

If someone wants to share additional information that would ameliorate my current outrage, I'll listen, but, on the outset, this sounds like over-controlling chickenshit.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,107 Likes on 590 Posts

He was banned for advertising his products and not being a sponsor. The spark plug thing topped it off

Old 12-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Madnss
He was banned for advertising his products and not being a sponsor. The spark plug thing topped it off
Actually no. The spark plug man got his panties in a wad and went complaining to HDF. HDF said dont bash a forum sponsor. Then HDF looked a little closer and said "hey, your not giving us any money" you are now banned because you are pedalling your wares. Now if they want to ban him its thier forum, they can do what they want. They went a step further and crossed out any mention of **** (<<<<see) so if anyone ever searches for info on that..........they wont find it.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

I for one read a number of forums to get the answers Im seeking. I always seem to get the definitive answer on the "other" forum. They seem to be a much more technical group over there. And unlike here, its all sportsters ,here, sportsters are an also ran. But it makes sense when HDF has an attitude like this below.

Every other bike site on the internet is a joke compared to HDF. Most of our category sections are bigger than the other sites that believe that they compete with us.
Its a competition? Like I said, makes sense. HDF is mostly tweeners looking down their noses at sportsters admiring themselves in the mirror in full pirate attire

Old 12-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rog48
Actually no. The spark plug man got his panties in a wad and went complaining to HDF. HDF said dont bash a forum sponsor. Then HDF looked a little closer and said "hey, your not giving us any money" you are now banned because you are pedalling your wares. Now if they want to ban him its thier forum, they can do what they want. They went a step further and crossed out any mention of **** (<<<<see) so if anyone ever searches for info on that..........they wont find it.
rite on...isnt that what i just said in a smaller nut shell. sorry to get of topic

Old 12-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Madnss
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rog48
I for one read a number of forums to get the answers Im seeking. I always seem to get the definitive answer on the "other" forum. They seem to be a much more technical group over there. And unlike here, its all sportsters ,here, sportsters are an also ran. But it makes sense when HDF has an attitude like this below.

Its a competition? Like I said, makes sense. HDF is mostly tweeners looking down their noses at sportsters admiring themselves in the mirror in full pirate attire

Thats some funny chit rite there!!!! haha

Old 12-07-2012, 10:55 AM
usetheBFH
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't do anything without money being a factor...

Quick Reply: 1250 conversion