Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick Saddles vs Mean City Cycles

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sick Saddles vs Mean City Cycles

Curious as to those that have had a seat from Sick Saddles for a while about the seat's comfort on longer trips. Especially anyone that has had the memory foam added. Debating between Sick Cycles and MCC (both with memory foam) and to pay 1 price (instead of shipping both ways) seems attractive. Just curious as the extra $40 in shipping costs isn't that big of a deal breaker. For the price of modifying the stock seat, I can get one made with a little flair (stitching) as well. Any info would be great.

Old 11-30-2012, 02:35 PM
stealthtt24
Tourer

Can't give you any insight to sick saddles just mcc. I got lucky and found a stock 48 seat with memory foam from mcc and with selling my stick seat only paid about $25. For that price I lucked out. The seat is completely tolerable now and zero butt complaints in the pain department.

Money well spent. Sorry I can't see your bike but if its a 48 ill continue my opinion on the matter.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:32 PM
cripple
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the sick saddles solo seat with memory foam and I personally dislike it very much. The foam is just too soft and after a hour give or take riding there is extreme pain on my tail bone. I have considered ordering another with regular foam and a special pan he would make that removes the space where the ecm is supposed to be under the seat.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:34 PM
jon6.0
Cruiser

Originally Posted by cripple
I have the sick saddles solo seat with memory foam and I personally dislike it very much. The foam is just too soft and after a hour give or take riding there is extreme pain on my tail bone. I have considered ordering another with regular foam and a special pan he would make that removes the space where the ecm is supposed to be under the seat.
I'm still waiting on mine that I ordered a few weeks back. I really hope it doesn't suck, but now I'm worried. I also weigh 280lbs and go on 200-300 mile day trips. It should be here soon and I will let everyone know how it does. I personally don't think the stock seat is that bad. It only gets bothersome after about 5 hours for me.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:46 PM
cripple
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jon6.0
I'm still waiting on mine that I ordered a few weeks back. I really hope it doesn't suck, but now I'm worried. I also weigh 280lbs and go on 200-300 mile day trips. It should be here soon and I will let everyone know how it does. I personally don't think the stock seat is that bad. It only gets bothersome after about 5 hours for me.
Ive never hear a bad thing about sick saddles from others and everyone is different. The quality is great. Im eager to hear your opinion on it.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:53 PM
laffin gas
Tourer

i am a super happy sick saddle owner....it is very comfortable and looks excellent. i am so happy that i ordered it and the service and communication is top notch. it is aazing how ad the factory seat is compared to the sick saddle seat.......

Old 11-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Turbinesaint
Road Master

Thanks for the replies. . .I'm torn at the moment. Both options seem great and Ed at Sick Saddles told me he makes a passenger pillion as a set. I don't have a passenger that often but my son would be very sad if he couldn't ride with his dad once in a while. Side note, anyone know if the passenger pillion for the 48 solo seat will work on an 08 Nightster?

Old 11-30-2012, 08:28 PM
cripple
Cruiser

Originally Posted by laffin gas
i am a super happy sick saddle owner....it is very comfortable and looks excellent. i am so happy that i ordered it and the service and communication is top notch. it is aazing how ad the factory seat is compared to the sick saddle seat.......
Do you have any pain or numbness round the tailbone? I think the problem with mine is the memory foam, I'm thinking it compresses quick so there's no cushion. Id still say its better than a stock seat for sure, I'm hoping that when I get lower bars leaning forward more will take the pressure off my tailbone

Old 11-30-2012, 09:16 PM
blacklabel213
Cruiser

Another satisfied Sick Saddles, just be patient it took around a month for my seat to make it (including time for shipping). The wait is worth it.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:33 PM
DougYITBOS
Tourer

I love my sick saddles seat.
I can ride for 3-4 hours and feel very nearly as good as when I got on.
(I got the memory foam)

My full review from when I go the seat is here.

Both companies have pretty great reputations around here it seems.

Quick Reply: Sick Saddles vs Mean City Cycles