Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sissy Man Sportster riders

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 08:38 AM
883Frankenbike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HAHAHAHAHHAAHA I love it !!! Well said ib5150.
Shoot I ride with guys that have all kinds of Harley's. Fat Boy Low, Heritage, Wide Glides, Baggers. And here I am on an XL883L that I've been resurrectin. None of these guys care or give me any crap. We are all just blessed to be on 2 wheels. That's all that's important. A bigger bike would be great as I am not a little fella. But my Sporty is paid for and I'm havin a blast !!!

Old 11-30-2012, 09:07 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by EveHD
LMAO!

Hey! I resemble that remark!!!
The great thing about you Eve is I would bet you can out-ride most men regardless about the bike they're riding. You take every "rule" that everyone says Sportsters are or aren't and flip them the bird.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:32 AM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidStiebel
That is hilarious! I'm going to have to borrow that for the next time this thread comes up...

...and it will

Originally Posted by baka1969
The great thing about you Eve is I would bet you can out-ride most men regardless about the bike they're riding. You take every "rule" that everyone says Sportsters are or aren't and flip them the bird.
Thanks Baka!
I don't mind being called a Sissy as long as I can ride my bike!

Old 11-30-2012, 10:04 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EveHD
next time this thread comes up...

...and it will

Likely already has started somewhere else...At least 2 or 3 of theses "Sportster" threads going at one time. People wonder why Sportys are looked down on, at least online, its cuz of threads like this one. In real life no one cares if we have Sportys or BT or what ever, some of us like myself have both and Honda DualSports...Yes I said Honda. Take a page out of the VRod handbook and don't worry about it..enjoy your ride.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
jon6.0
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AtkRWC
In real life no one cares if we have Sportys or BT or what ever, some of us like myself have both and Honda DualSports...Yes I said Honda. Take a page out of the VRod handbook and don't worry about it..enjoy your ride.
I have a KTM and a Husqvarna dual sport. My KTM is a 640cc single with no balance shafts or other smoothing out trickery. It will actually walk around the garage idling on the center stand. The Husky balance shafts, but still vibrates pretty good. My Sportster is the smoothest and vibrates the least, lol.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:43 AM
EveHD
Moderatress

Likely already has started somewhere else...At least 2 or 3 of theses "Sportster" threads going at one time. People wonder why Sportys are looked down on, at least online, its cuz of threads like this one. In real life no one cares if we have Sportys or BT or what ever, some of us like myself have both and Honda DualSports...Yes I said Honda. Take a page out of the VRod handbook and don't worry about it..enjoy your ride.
ATK - I've don't put any thought into what people think about what I ride. I also don't care what other people ride. If I did, I would never have named my bike Ankh.

And btw, in the couple of years that I have been on this forum, only one person, I repeat, one person (a couple of weeks ago) has put two and two together and knew enough about motorcycle history to connect my sign in name and my bike name.

I've owned a Honda CB750 Super sport (powerful), Yamaha Virago (smooth) and my current Sporty (touring, yes, touring). I just enjoy riding.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

EVE, I wasn't refering to you, just using your quote about more of these threads. Sorry for the missunderstanding. Have much respect for you. 25 years ago my wife and I were using our Sporty as a tour bike, went eveywhere on that thing. Looked like the Beverly Hillbillys on 2 wheels.

Last edited by AtkRWC; 11-30-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:10 AM
jrowan4
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can't take some good natured ribbing over your bike, buy a bigger bike and the problem goes away.

Why is it that guys can give other guys crap about everything, but once someone calls a Sportster a girl’s bike, you get all upset?

Old 11-30-2012, 11:22 AM
EveHD
Moderatress

EVE, I wasn't refering to you, just using your quote about more of these threads. Sorry for the missunderstanding. Have much respect for you. 25 years ago my wife and I were using our Sporty as a tour bike, went eveywhere on that thing. Looked like the Beverly Hillbillys on 2 wheels.
Actually, it's me who should apologize if I came off in any way other than that I agree with you. I left it out of my original response to you. Must be my age

Old 11-30-2012, 12:52 PM
byersmtrco
Supporter
Received 514 Likes on 358 Posts

My wife had a 93 883 converted to a 1200.
Buell heads, Mikuni etc.

I was feeling like a sissy the day I power shifted
that thing into 2nd & the front wheel came up.
(I hadn't done that in years)
I was in the process of blowin' an Evo Pwr'd Fatboy
away)

That Sporty would leave my 00 Heritage in the dust.

Quick Reply: Sissy Man Sportster riders