Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What the Nightster could look like

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009 | 04:08 AM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mudpuddle

this is what HD shoulda built.............

Sorry, but no...play the "old school" card on that all ya want...Ironheads are a bitch, and they're an even bigger bitch when you start screwing around with 'em.

If anything...they should build something like this and get rid of them gayass rear shocks already!

Edit...here's a few examples:

Last edited by 6o66er; 01-12-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-12-2009 | 08:36 PM
icecaps
Reading More Posting Less

This one gets my vote although its not Dark.

Attached Thumbnails  What the Nightster could look like-sc-sport.jpg  
Old 01-12-2009 | 08:44 PM
mud
muderator

Originally Posted by 6o66er

Sorry, but no...play the "old school" card on that all ya want...

Ironheads are a bitch,
and they're an even bigger bitch when you start screwing around with 'em.

If anything...they should build something like this and

get rid of them gayass rear shocks already!

IronHeads -Depends who is screwing with em whether are not they are a bitch.

So I play the Old School card.....
..................and you play the gay card??

mud

Old 01-12-2009 | 09:31 PM
FandA M
Road Captain

[QUOTE=6o66er;4370426]Sorry, but no...play the "old school" card on that all ya want...Ironheads are a bitch, and they're an even bigger bitch when you start screwing around with 'em.

If anything...they should build something like this and get rid of them gayass rear shocks already!

QUOTE]

They're a bitch if you don't know what you're doing

Gayass shocks?..........and you post pics of softails? WTF? I'll take a swing arm over a softail anyday..........unless it's an original softail (plunger)like my '73

Attached Thumbnails  What the Nightster could look like-sportster-005.jpg  
Old 01-12-2009 | 09:39 PM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mudpuddle
IronHeads -Depends who is screwing with em whether are not they are a bitch.

So I play the Old School card.....

..................and you play the gay card??
mud

Another self-professed Ironhead wizard, are we?

Everyone that's ever had one is so quick to defend them...there's a common belief among IH enthusiasts that they're the BEST EVER and that they never have problems. When really, they've just grown used to the mundane and FREQUENT tasks and quick-fixes that are required just to keep the damn things rideable, and find some kind of "joy" in constantly wrenching the things until they eventually die. Maybe they just feel like there's a bond because they spend so much damn time up close and personal with them? Some also seem to grow bigger ***** because their bike has a kick-start...I guess that makes it "better" for some reason?

Play them up all you want, and defend them to the death, I really don't care. I've wrenched on several, and know PLENTY of people that have owned/still own them...they fall apart, plain and simple. Same thing goes for Shovelheads. And these aren't retards with no knowledge of motorcycles, these are people that work for reputable shops and have been riding and wrenching for decades. Some are instructors for MMI...EARLY MODEL. No matter how old school you are...you'll never have an Ironhead daily rider or custom that doesn't have frequent mechanical problems or require "tweaking" just about every week. No matter how small or major...they still have problems.

So NO, it's not a question of "who's screwing with em"...plain and simple: They're a CHORE and they are NOT good motors.

Oh, and if I'm gay for riding an Evo, then you're a retard for thinking that the worst motor ever put in a Harley Davidson is cool. But, your opinion is just that...your opinion. I think I'll stick with mine.

Old 01-12-2009 | 09:40 PM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by FandA M

Gayass shocks?..........and you post pics of softails? WTF? I'll take a swing arm over a softail anyday..........unless it's an original softail (plunger)like my '73

Eh...I don't really care much for shocks looks wise. That was my point, they're ugly and Softail lines flow better....but...it WAS only an opinion, lol.

Last edited by 6o66er; 01-12-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 01-12-2009 | 09:50 PM
motrhd
Cruiser

[quote=6o66er;4370426]Sorry, but no...play the "old school" card on that all ya want...Ironheads are a bitch, and they're an even bigger bitch when you start screwing around with 'em.

Any idea who's building the frames you are using as examples ?
I do disagree with you about Ironheads, but I also like the new motors especially the FI motors. I do believe that the newer motors are more trouble free.

Old 01-12-2009 | 09:54 PM
PigInaBlanket
Club Member

Originally Posted by 6o66er
Oh, and if I'm gay for riding an Evo, then you're a retard for thinking that the worst motor ever put in a Harley Davidson is cool. But, your opinion is just that...your opinion. I think I'll stick with mine.
Uhh 6o I think Mud was talking about the gay shock comment as playing the gay card.

Old 01-12-2009 | 10:01 PM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member

http://www.l-l-choppers.com/

These guys make the frames. They retain Softail dimensions but they're set up for a Sporty. Hence the reason that first one looks so damn big, lol.

And as far as disagreeing, I'm gonna go ahead and bow out of this never-ending argument before this thread gets COMPLETELY shot to hell. Opinions are opinions...and I can respect that, but when you throw something out there like that, you should expect something to come back for it.

And I still stick by what I said...I think if they did away with the shocks on Sportys they'd look a million times better. Softails are probably the best looking bikes HD builds (save the Rocker) today, mainly because they have that rigid look. And since I'd NEVER expect HD to build a rigid, I'd definately settle for a Softail setup on a Sporty.

Old 01-12-2009 | 10:07 PM
6o66er
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by PigInaBlanket
Uhh 6o I think Mud was talking about the gay shock comment as playing the gay card.

Lol...well if I'm gay for not liking shocks...I guess I'll be REALLY gay after I bust into the big box in my garage and chop those ugly *** things off once and for all!

Quick Reply: What the Nightster could look like