Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is the Sportster Your Bike Of Choice?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 12:38 PM
freekdawg1200
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why is the Sportster Your Bike Of Choice?

My sporty fits me perfectly.Being short and stocky,I feel very comfy on it.I like the bare bones,muscular look of the sportsters.I rode crotchrockets for years.The sporty handles the twisties pretty good.The price and mileage were right.I always fly solo,no passengers.I don't plan on many long trips with it.But if I wanted to,I could easily throw some bags and a detachable windshield on it.It's mostly my weekend toy.I onlyride about9000 miles a year.Does that make me less of a rider?I doubt it.I love riding when I can and thats all that matters to me.My sporty does everything I need it to.Nothing more,nothing less.Lovin' it....

Old 02-04-2007, 02:00 PM
WRAITH
Road Warrior

I got my Sportie because the price was right, handling and looks.It's great in traffic (Hwy1 Abbotsford to Langely),almost as good as a sport bike.Very comfortable with the Sundowner seat.Cheep on gas.Goes like a rocket.Looks cool,I've got the 1200c.If Your buying a Sportie for hiway travel get the 1200.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:04 PM
tacklindummy
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted a Heritage yet didn't like the price. I "settled" for a sporty. I've never regretted it. The sporty encompasses everything about motorcycling that I enjoy. Cruising the highways or doing the two lane curvy backroads. The bike grows on you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/23967/4C559B904B4F4FF98F84847E30918F39.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-22-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeti
Cruiser

I love curves, high speed curves. With the Sportster I can lean into a high speed, tight curve, and not have to worry about dragging anything, or hitting bottom. I've been riding for over 30 years and still get excited when backing her out of the shed. It's all about the ride.

Old 02-22-2007, 07:10 PM
quig
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, what they said

Old 02-22-2007, 09:08 PM
markdt
Road Captain

I have to agree with dallastx I wanted performance, agility, looks, and wind on my faec. Would have bought a road king if I wanted to cruise for long distances, but would still have removed the windshieldand fairings. I will never put bags, windscreen or anything other than myself and wife on the bike. Power to weight ratio is great and can be bumped up to 100+ hp for a few bucks . Great handling at any speed ...

Old 02-22-2007, 09:33 PM
SLORider
Road Captain

If you really want to learn how to RIDE a motorcycle, the sportster is the HD of choice.

Old 02-22-2007, 11:57 PM
tatkin
Banned

Nothing , it's because you want to ride an HD .

Do you drive an American car or an import.

Do you drink American beer or an import.

Do you , wine/travel/computer/etc ..

I can't think of anymore buy they are there.

Any Dick that won't ride with you because of what's between your legs
is just that .. A ...

It's about the sun/breeze/fun ...

Old 02-23-2007, 08:11 PM
1200babe
Tourer

I ride my 1200 to work every day 100 mile round trip and think she is very comfy. Have done several cross country trips and love the way she will take twisties and make them a joy. Perhaps I woudl like a bigger bike someday but not till im at least 70. The sporty is my bike of choice!

Old 02-23-2007, 11:33 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

If you go to a Harley store, you basically see 2 tee shirts. Harley Davidson and Sporster. Not Fatboy or Heritage. Another thing. The Sportie is the most popular Harley. Is it the price? Don't know. All I know is everyday I don't ride, I feel something is missing. The bike is a blast to ride. I ride every chance I get. When I hit the start button, I get a great big smile on my face. When I was bikeless, I always wanted a Sportie. Never even crossed my mind at the time to get anything but a Sportie. I guess it started when I was a kid. My dad had a 68. Out of all the bikes my dad has owned over the years, the Sportie was my favorite bike. I felt a big let down when he bought a Electraglide. The 79 Superglide was a pretty cool bike, but not as cool as the Sportie.

What an awesome bike the Sportie is! I want to give you guys/gals gratz for owning the best bike in the world. You don't have the baby of Harleys, you own a American icon.

Quick Reply: Why is the Sportster Your Bike Of Choice?