Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solo Seat Question **Need help**

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:07 PM
nlakind
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solo Seat Question **Need help**

1st of all, I'm sorry for the noob question, but I've done all I can to research without asking on here & called the dealership with no real answer to my question;

I want to buy a solo seat, I have an '09 Nightster 1200. I want to buy 1 of the seats linked below, from what I can see, they are exactly the same seat, minus the brand & price difference.

1.Will both of these fit on my bike or can I make them fit?

2. Can I just buy whatever hardware kit comes with ea. individual seat?

http://www.debrix.com/Corbin-Gentry-...47-0765-vt.htm

http://www.debrix.com/Brown-Velocipe...47-0888-vt.htm

Thanks for the help!

Old 10-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Clayvis
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't know anything about the seats you posted. All I can tell you is I bought my solo seat from C&C seats and it is the best one I've ever had. They will sell you a seat that will fit, covered in whatever color and material you want. Prices are good. Check them out if you haven't already. Just my 2 cents...

Old 10-22-2012, 03:41 PM
Ployd4
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rich Phillips or led sled. I also saw that dk customs is selling some nice seat kits.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:13 PM
FMSkid13
Cruiser

Go local brother! Have them rewrap it with more foam. Lepera wanted $255 for mine. I got mine done local for $70 and he made two matching custom fender bibs

Old 10-22-2012, 06:36 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,327 Likes on 3,181 Posts

Go to the manufacturers site and see if the offer a spring suspension kit for your scoot.

Old 10-23-2012, 07:32 AM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nlakind
1.Will both of these fit on my bike or can I make them fit?
Sure. You can make just about anything fit if you have the tools and skills, or know someone who does. Both of these seats say they will "fit" a sportster, which means the seat will basically sit in the area where the seat should go without any major problem. But there doesn't appear to be any mounting bracket with the seat and you will either need to make or buy one.

Originally Posted by nlakind
2. Can I just buy whatever hardware kit comes with ea. individual seat?
It doesn't appear from the description that the seats come with hardware or that there's specific mounting hardware you can buy for those seats. And I don't even see any mounting studs on the seat pan where you would attach a bracket, and they don't reference any. So I'm not sure how you would mount it or attach mounting hardware to it. Before I bought either one of these seats I'd talk to someone there and find out 1) are there any mounting studs on the bottom of the seat; and 2) does Debrix sell a mounting bracket specifically for those seats and does it come with all the necessary hardware to bolt it to your bike. If they can't answer those questions you don't want to buy from them.

I got mine at Mother Road Customs and am very happy with it. They sell a wide variety of shapes, styles, colors, finishes and coverings, extremely well made and the steel seat pans have studs on the bottom to facilitate mounting. They also sell the mounting hardware you'll need to bolt it right up to your Nightster, if you can't make your own. They'll also do a custom seat to your specs. And if you call or email them, they will answer whatever questions you have, in detail. They have lots of seats that look pretty similar to the ones on the Debrix website.

And as Ploy and Clay have mentioned, there are other great places to get quality seats and all the hardware for whatever you want to do, and answer your questions. If you have to beg the place for information, go someplace where they go out of their way to take care of you. Most reputable places will do just that. I remember last year emailing Debrix a question about a product of their's because it looked like what I needed but the website description was less than helpful. Their response to me was something like "You get what you see in the picture." My response to them was I went someplace else. I suggest you do the same.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:49 PM
nlakind
Cruiser

@Ergonight -- thank you so much for that answer, really appreciate it.

& to the rest of you guys, gonna do research & look in to all the places mentioned & find my best option!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:06 PM
Ergonight
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts