Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CV Performance V-Ductor (Product Review)

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012 | 02:23 PM
Knights2TheEnd
|
Road Captain
Default CV Performance V-Ductor (Product Review)

I installed the V-Ductor before I installed the CVP kit to see the difference it made without the influence of the CVP kit. What I noticed after a short ride is that my throttle response was smoother, engine was cooler, power band was smoother, and more mpg. Before purchasing this product I looked up online about what others had to say and they said the same thing as I just did. I do not think this product aims at improving one thing dramatically but rather it improves many things slightly (which in my opinion is better). I highly recommended this product from CV performance . I paid 47 dollars for this product with free shipping. By the way, the free shipping is first class packaging. After experiencing this product, I would value this product no more than 60-70 dollars if I were to buy knowing what difference it would actually make. This product in my opinion is what takes something from being great to perfect.

Product Description from the site
The V-Ductor is the velocity stack that fits inside your air cleaner. By funneling air through the unique and proven venturi design, the V-Ductor reduces turbulence while increasing velocity for optimal fuel mixture. Unlike vanes, grates or screens that may deflect airflow or encourage turbulence, the V-Ductor never blocks or reduces flow. Increased air density greatly improves mileage by encouraging a more complete burn of the air/fuel mixture. Bolt-on performance that installs in minutes. The only device of it's kind CNC machined and laser cut from 6061 billet aluminum and designed to install inside your stock or high flow air cleaner.

This is everything you will be receiving:

I had high expectations for this product but after holding it in my hand at first I was EXTREMELY skeptical because the V-Ductor weighs less than the two gaskets together. It felt more like a toy but after the ride, I was very impressed and it lived up to my expectations.

I have a screaming eagle backplate/Air Cleaner

For more information, this is the link to the site: http://www.cv-performance.com/cvp-v-ductor/

Old 10-20-2012 | 02:40 PM
John Harper
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Nice report K2. It's nice to read a real report about a product. I've been following your carb story, this is nice to see as a bonus.

I've got an old SE aircleaner (1991), how deep does the stack go? My filter may not be deep enough, then it would probably restrict airflow.

Better than pontificating about Economics 101.

John

Last edited by John Harper; 10-20-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-20-2012 | 02:51 PM
rocketmangb
Tourer

Weird that it works exactly opposite of an "EDUCTOR" used with liquids

Old 10-20-2012 | 03:05 PM
John Harper
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Originally Posted by rocketmangb
Weird that it works exactly opposite of an "EDUCTOR" used with liquids
Rocketmangb, what, you bored over on XL?

John

Old 10-20-2012 | 04:18 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member

Would like to see some testing by independent lab showing before/after horsepower and torque curves. Also, before/after fuel usage using known quantity of fuel fed while bike accelerates through all gears and then cruises at some "usual cruising" rpm.

One thing that cause me pause is the device sticks out into the air cleaner cavity. This would do at least two things - volume of air entering the inner part of the venturi device would probably be less due to closing off part of the intake path, and cause more air to flow around the outside of the device. Air flow around the outside would start at some velocity and then decrease due to the shape of the reverse venturi. That is the exact opposite of what the air passing through the inner portion of the device would be doing. Be interesting to see a smoke flow pattern.

Not that I distrust your "seat-of-the-pants" experience, but I've seen too many similar claims that were influenced by other variables, even including sound levels.

Old 10-21-2012 | 08:11 AM
rocketmangb
Tourer

John Harper
Was a little quiet over there !
We use "Eductors" on chemical spray rigs to agitate chemicals
BUT chemical runs through the center from the small side and draws more up around the outside
Thats what makes the "VDUCTOR" confusing for me
Its backwards !

Old 10-21-2012 | 08:56 AM
John Harper
HDF Community Team
Community Team

Maybe the open cone acts as a stabilizer for the "fog" above the carb mouth. I recall someone saying that is why you need a tall enough air cleaner for the carb to run properly. I may have heard this way back in auto shop class in 1972.

Alternatively, perhaps it increases intake air speed by being a pre-venturi for the carb, like a ram air system.

John

Last edited by John Harper; 10-21-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-21-2012 | 05:39 PM
joechiu1024
Intermediate

What's the difference between V-Ductor and S&S Stealth Air cleaner? are they similar? I have a S&S super E carb and doesn't seem like the V-Ductor would fit but I see that the S&S Stealth Air cleaner has a similar but different design, I wonder if they product the same result...

Old 07-17-2015 | 10:51 PM
Sodus Mike
Stage I
Default v means velocity !

I've got a basically stock 06 883R , I've upped the low speed jet to get rid of that embarrassing pop off of idle , and tried larger main jets . All that the Mains do is hurt my mpg . I bought the Arlen mess big sucker air cleaner , HUGE POWER GAIN !!! However , the oil from the vents dripped straight onto the air filter , as did raw gasoline . The problem is the throat of the air cleaner base is too shallow to keep the VELOCITY of the air flowing in . Enter the V DUCTOR from CV performance . Fitst I tried it behind my stock ait cleaner / housing assembly , definitely more power and response . Now I was not impressed with the Alren ness sucker as far as overall quality , such as the fastening points cracking when installing with a nut driver , but the thing made power , even though it would cause so much fuel reversion that I'd have gasoline on my right leg , ,,, anyhow I put this V DUCTOR in with my big sucker , guess what , TONS more power , and no more fuel spitting out of the carb !!! Highly recommend the v ductor , the big sucker makes alot of power , but be careful tightening your fasteners , hopefully they've gone with better recycled beer cans when making it in China , because it's a good product when used with a v ductor .