Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody try these slip ons?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 08:48 AM
bufbills
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Anybody try these slip ons?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-SPORT...#ht_1041wt_956

On a budget, but need to hear my bike. 2012 1200c. Anything over 60, I cant hear it at all. I would certainly consider a good condition used set if any one has one they want to part with as well. Any advice is also welcome.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:56 AM
edgeofinsanity
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A good used set might be your best bet if you want to save $$. I almost bought those same slip ons you linked but just wasn't sure what the quality was going to be. Get Lowered Cycles is a sponsor of another forum I frequent, and they sell those same slip ons. I asked and they did say they were pretty decent for the price and they hadn't had any complaints, I think they are made by V-Twin Mfg (Taiwan Tedd's).For not a whole lot more, you can get some Cycle Shack slip ons, and everyone raves about those.

I ran some Khrome Werks for a while that sounded pretty good, not very loud though. I think they sell for a little more than the Cycle Shacks, they were excellent qualitywise. I swapped them with the Cycle Shacks like the ones listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...4a02d8&vxp=mtr that I found on Amazon for $80 shipped, and they were brand new. Not that those would work with your bike because of the EFI, but deals are out there sometimes. Oh, and I have no problems hearing the Cycle Shacks on the highway...

Last edited by edgeofinsanity; 09-09-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:26 AM
bufbills
Road Master

Originally Posted by edgeofinsanity
A good used set might be your best bet if you want to save $$. I almost bought those same slip ons you linked but just wasn't sure what the quality was going to be. Get Lowered Cycles is a sponsor of another forum I frequent, and they sell those same slip ons. I asked and they did say they were pretty decent for the price and they hadn't had any complaints, I think they are made by V-Twin Mfg (Taiwan Tedd's).For not a whole lot more, you can get some Cycle Shack slip ons, and everyone raves about those.

I ran some Khrome Werks for a while that sounded pretty good, not very loud though. I think they sell for a little more than the Cycle Shacks, they were excellent qualitywise. I swapped them with the Cycle Shacks like the ones listed here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...4a02d8&vxp=mtr that I found on Amazon for $80 shipped, and they were brand new. Not that those would work with your bike because of the EFI, but deals are out there sometimes. Oh, and I have no problems hearing the Cycle Shacks on the highway...
Im thinking cycle shacks. They are affordable and seem to have a good following. Im not looking for super loud, just loud enough with a nice rumble.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:53 AM
edgeofinsanity
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bufbills
Im thinking cycle shacks. They are affordable and seem to have a good following. Im not looking for super loud, just loud enough with a nice rumble.
Here's how mine sound, my daughter took it with her ipod, but the sound is pretty true:

I don't normally ride in shorts, but it was near 100 that day... they are plenty loud but not obnoxious. These are full pipes, but sound pretty much the same as the Cycle Shack slip ons I've heard. These do have the stock baffles in, I've never tried running without them.

Last edited by edgeofinsanity; 09-09-2012 at 10:55 AM. Reason: fixed link
Old 09-09-2012, 11:04 AM
bufbills
Road Master

Originally Posted by edgeofinsanity
Here's how mine sound, my daughter took it with her ipod, but the sound is pretty true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BjjxCGEU9I

I don't normally ride in shorts, but it was near 100 that day... they are plenty loud but not obnoxious. These are full pipes, but sound pretty much the same as the Cycle Shack slip ons I've heard. These do have the stock baffles in, I've never tried running without them.

Very nice. Thats what Im after. Thanks so much for posting that.

Old 09-09-2012, 11:29 AM
squirrelrequiem
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bufbills
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-SPORT...#ht_1041wt_956

On a budget, but need to hear my bike. 2012 1200c. Anything over 60, I cant hear it at all. I would certainly consider a good condition used set if any one has one they want to part with as well. Any advice is also welcome.
I took a chance on some and they sound great. The finish looks pretty good, too and the fitting was easy with the bolts lining up just fine. I haven't tried them with the removable baffles out as they are quite loud enough with them fitted.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:02 PM
bufbills
Road Master

Originally Posted by squirrelrequiem
I took a chance on some and they sound great. The finish looks pretty good, too and the fitting was easy with the bolts lining up just fine. I haven't tried them with the removable baffles out as they are quite loud enough with them fitted.
cool! thanks