Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Pro super tuner tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 09:25 AM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Von_Zipper
My understanding is SE is nothing but a moneymaking scheme on unsuspecting customers. The only SE thing I'd ever want (maybe) is cams - which are made by Andrews and re-branded.
I have no SE parts on my bike, naturally.
Well the dealers might use it as a money making scheme, true, but your assumption otherwise is not quite right. The supertuner is a remarkably useful set of software that allows you total control over nearly every aspect of your EFI system. It however is not intiuitive and there is a very large learning curve involved, but you make the investment in time and learning to comprehend the product fully, you will not regret it. Are there easier to use things out there? Seems like the PowerVision qualifies, but the supertuner is MUCH MUCH more than a money making scheme.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:28 AM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm not insulting anybody nor am I arrogant. I'm just the messenger.
For those not familiar with retailing. With certain goods trade mark, the brand, can make up over 50% of price. For instance, if you pay 60k for a Mercedes then you pay about 40k for car and 20k for that little world famous three-spoked wheel.
When I got my Sporty and started looking for performance I stumbled across SE every time, their presence is strong and their trade mark is valued. However, after looking at SE a little deeper I found they mostly buy their goods from other manufacturers, re-brand them, and mark up. Sounds like parasites to me. Example. Andrews cams cost around $200. After they are branded SE they miraculously cost $300.
Plus greedy practices. Say, you have two Sportsters. You buy their tuner. You'll find to tune the other bike you need to buy another tuner!
That's why I'm not buying their products, same or better performing parts are available without their brand name, for less.
Now, was it I who was arrogant and insulting? Don't you think this is your reluctance to do your homework what's insulting you now?
Actually, while most people won't ever look that far as not many of us have two bikes, the SE super tuner software has been hacked to allow it's use on multiple bikes. You just won't find anyone talking about it openly in the forums. I agree however that this is a shameful thing for HD to do.

Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 AM
Captain Smooth
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Mich, I see no where in Von_Zippers post where he was rude, insulting or arrogant. He simply stated some facts about SE. Then you get butt hurt because of it and bash a whole country? Really, grow up man.

My understanding is SE is nothing but a moneymaking scheme on unsuspecting customers. The only SE thing I'd ever want (maybe) is cams - which are made by Andrews and re-branded.
I have no SE parts on my bike, naturally.
That's true. I want more bang for my bucks than SE can give. For every performance part they have there is a better non-SE part out there, often costing less.
I'm not insulting anybody nor am I arrogant. I'm just the messenger.
For those not familiar with retailing. With certain goods trade mark, the brand, can make up over 50% of price. For instance, if you pay 60k for a Mercedes then you pay about 40k for car and 20k for that little world famous three-spoked wheel.
When I got my Sporty and started looking for performance I stumbled across SE every time, their presence is strong and their trade mark is valued. However, after looking at SE a little deeper I found they mostly buy their goods from other manufacturers, re-brand them, and mark up. Sounds like parasites to me. Example. Andrews cams cost around $200. After they are branded SE they miraculously cost $300.
Plus greedy practices. Say, you have two Sportsters. You buy their tuner. You'll find to tune the other bike you need to buy another tuner!
That's why I'm not buying their products, same or better performing parts are available without their brand name, for less.
Now, was it I who was arrogant and insulting? Don't you think this is your reluctance to do your homework what's insulting you now?