Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riding shoes, what do you use

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 04:47 AM
eviltwin415
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wesco engineer boots

I wear Wesco 11" engineer boots. Expensive as hell, but the most comfortable all purpose boot I have ever owned. I thought about buying them for years before I actually did. The fit and quality are so much better than Chippewa or Frye that they shouldn't even both be called boots. I loved them so much I bought a pair of custom fit lace-ups I'm waiting on.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:16 PM
CAVSportster
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speed and Strength "Running with the bulls" riding shoe! Really comfy, can walk around in it all day, nice ankle support. They look just like regular shoes but you can feel that theyre made for riding when you put them on.

Attached Thumbnails riding shoes, what do you use-2012-speed-and-strength-run-with-the-bulls-moto-shoes-black-634646835632618758.jpg  
Old 07-27-2012, 01:17 PM
alexl
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zack Bradley
Blah, its not that difficult. Whenever I wear shorts, I wear sandals, which is most of the time. As long as you wear shorts below the knee you do not have problems with bugs, or at least I dont. Only time I really wear shoes or boots is when I am riding outside of town, and most of the time it is my chucks. I only own 2 pairs of jeans for a reason, no reason to wear jeans.
To each his own bro, but thats just not a smart way to ride. Dress for the slide, not for the ride. There IS a difference between wearing gear and not wearing gear when it comes to an accident. The people whose excuse is "if i crash im done for anyway" or "at 70 mph it doesnt really matter" - well maybe so, but your chances are a heckuva lot better if you have on the proper gear.

Old 07-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by alexl
To each his own bro, but thats just not a smart way to ride. Dress for the slide, not for the ride. There IS a difference between wearing gear and not wearing gear when it comes to an accident. The people whose excuse is "if i crash im done for anyway" or "at 70 mph it doesnt really matter" - well maybe so, but your chances are a heckuva lot better if you have on the proper gear.
And your chances are best if you dont get on a bike. Everyone has their own level of safety acceptance.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Curt1953
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Bate's, had the same pair for 7 years now, best shoes and boots made.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:17 PM
alexl
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rog48
And your chances are best if you dont get on a bike. Everyone has their own level of safety acceptance.
This is very true, and why i prefaced my post with "to each his own". Where i get a little more harsh in my opinions is when lack of wearing gear makes you a danger to other drivers/riders/pedestrians. Wearing loose gear like sandles that could potentially get caught up in the shifter or braking mechanism could potentially cause a crash that injures not only the rider but also other people on the road. Just something to think about. Also, i think about my family. I already worry them enough by taking the risk to get on the bike to begin with and feel it is a selfish move to get on without protection.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:44 AM
Zack Bradley
Cruiser

I have NEVER had a problem with my sandals. So what do you do for the fact that your shoe laces could do the same thing?!

Originally Posted by alexl
Also, i think about my family. I already worry them enough by taking the risk to get on the bike to begin with and feel it is a selfish move to get on without protection.
In my opinion, if you are that worried about your family and an accident, I feel that your riding in general could cause harm to fellow riders, or passengers. MY family does not have a problem with it, so do not worry or even mention MY (capitalizing MY so you understand) family. I feel safe every time I start my bike.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:56 PM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

American made Chippewa Super Loggers! I wear for work and play.

http://www.chippewaboots.com/boots/super_logger/25405

Last edited by Wildon883R; 07-28-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-28-2012, 02:22 PM
SilverStride
Intermediate

Canvas Chucks, Kenny Anderson Converse and 6" Chippewa boots are my norm. All depends on the weather and ride.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:37 AM
alexl
Advanced

Originally Posted by Zack Bradley
I have NEVER had a problem with my sandals. So what do you do for the fact that your shoe laces could do the same thing?!

In my opinion, if you are that worried about your family and an accident, I feel that your riding in general could cause harm to fellow riders, or passengers. MY family does not have a problem with it, so do not worry or even mention MY (capitalizing MY so you understand) family. I feel safe every time I start my bike.
Boot laces* -safety gear - all in good fun.

There are a million scenarios, i agree. But if i get you right, you are saying that people who wear gear are worse riders than people who do? I am a very good, very safe rider - but that doesnt stop the things that can happen that a rider has no control over. I am worried about the other people on the streets, not my own ability. Also i have had a cousin in my family die in a fatal Motorcycle accident when a cager crossed the center line, so maybe think about other situations in which a family may be uncomfortable with motorcycles?

Quick Reply: riding shoes, what do you use