Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

riding shoes, what do you use

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 09:29 PM
Rava
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Milwaukee Boots: MB407 -- This is what I currently have, other than my sneakers, or an below the angle set of doc's...

I love these boots, however, I got them before I got my 48 (forward controls) and i've noticed that they make working around the shifter really a pain in the ***. The keep getting stuck on the sole when trying to go from under to over (and vise versa) around the shifter peg.

anyone have any idea on how to solve that? or do i just need to get some new boots?

Old 10-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Rava
Milwaukee Boots: MB407 -- This is what I currently have, other than my sneakers, or an below the angle set of doc's...

I love these boots, however, I got them before I got my 48 (forward controls) and i've noticed that they make working around the shifter really a pain in the ***. The keep getting stuck on the sole when trying to go from under to over (and vise versa) around the shifter peg.

anyone have any idea on how to solve that? or do i just need to get some new boots?
Those look pretty damn nice. How are they for walking around in?

Old 10-19-2012, 10:22 PM
beau_cauchemar
Intermediate

Originally Posted by _aaron
Those wingtips are nice. Brand?
Thanks! Surprisingly they're from Aldo (didn't know they made mens shoes until recently) and are called Puraty.

Last edited by beau_cauchemar; 10-19-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Rava
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Benway
Those look pretty damn nice. How are they for walking around in?
they run kinda large in size, but they are comfy, and like i mentioned, i love the boots, they just are a pain in the *** when it comes to moving around the shifter as they get stuck on the peg.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:20 AM
Dual-Linkerts
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

These HIGH TOP Boots are great for Country Rides but not for everyone.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PkhAWhaHoaQ

Old 10-20-2012, 07:06 AM
larryb110
Intermediate

Vans Classics or Irish Setters. Setters work great for hunting and riding so it covers all my bases.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:58 AM
_aaron
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by beau_cauchemar
Thanks! Surprisingly they're from Aldo (didn't know they made mens shoes until recently) and are called Puraty.
Aldo makes some nice shoes. Sometimes difficult to find what you want in the store though.

Check these out, right up your ally.
http://www.colehaan.com/colehaan/cat...975/sl-wingtip

Last edited by _aaron; 10-20-2012 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:18 PM
eviltwin415
Tourer
Default Wesco

I bought these:
http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/stock.asp Wesco Boss 11" engineer boots. When I first saw them in the store and saw how much they cost I thought anyone who bought them must be insane. Then I tried them on one day. I have plantar fasciitis, and I'm flat footed which caused of piece of my knee cap to pop off 10 years ago. I had to have surgery and wear prescription insoles in all of my shoes or be in pain all the time. Wescos are the first boots that made all that go away. They take months to break in, and can be resoled and rebuilt. I loved them so much I bought a 2nd pair custom fit and build for me, and sold a couple of old boots o consignment so they didn't break the bank. I got $500 boots for under $300. I just got my custom jobmasters a month ago and while breaking them in has been a bitch, they are amazing and even thinking about how much I spent on 2 pairs of these, it was worth every penny. http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/stock.asp

I occasionally have worn vans, but it's really dangerous. I've seen the results. Not cool.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:33 PM
AWelshHooligan
Advanced

I wear vans sneakers.........leather, light and a thin sole so you can feel the road and controls.......best grip ever and very comfortable

Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 AM
jauslong
Advanced

Confession: I didn't read all 11 pages of comments. Maybe this is a repeat. If so, consider this a 'vote'.

1) Boots can feel clunky but if and when you drop your bike, I bet you'll change your tune. (which, by the way my bike fell over on top of my foot today and my boot totally prevented me from injury). In my job I deal with a lot of people with Achilles tendon ruptures, many of which are from trauma. I really really hope that never happens to you

2) Shoes are one of things where often you get what you pay for. If your boots aren't comfortable, buy better boots. And take the time to break them in. I bought a pair on ebay for $60 that are super comfie. $100 retail. Caterpillars, black. I have cowboy boots too, brown and beautiful. I don't ride with them because they are too nice to scuff up, but man, I'll tell you, they feel like wearing slippers. If I wasn't such a dandy I would recommend wearing them everyday (I live in the North East so it is kind of a stretch to wear cowboy boots anyway)

3) This isn't graphic, but I think you'll agree that this guy would have worn boots if he had to do it all over again: http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...e-crash-409258 To some extent, I try to avoid negative thoughts re: motorcycles and crashes. But I'll make an exception here because the rider kind of did a bone head move. Long story short. I agree that boots are inconvenient, but I admit that riding a motorcycle can result in injury and I try really hard to minimize that risk. I have kids, two young sons, and I want to teach them that, yes, it's important to take risks when there is an important reward at stake, but that, it is also important to stay alive and relatively uninjured when possible. Don't mean to lecture you at all, but I'd be uncaring to not say something. In this case, it possible to minimize risk at little to no cost.

Quick Reply: riding shoes, what do you use