Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powervision

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 02:22 PM
heshua
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powervision

alright, so when it comes to fixing cars and bikes my self, I pay someone else to do it because I don't know my head from my *** in these things. Someone mentioned the powervision to me in another post. Sounded great and exactly what I wanted. Checked out some videos and looked like something I could actually do. However, they only have a handful of tunes for my bike. Like 8ish. (I have a 2012 iron 883 btw). And the only tune that will work for me is if I have a stock bike and just use their stock enhancing tune. They don't have a configuration for the pipes/air breather I'm going to have. The website made it sound like they had so much! Vanc and hines fuel pack (I've already been told why I don't want that so spare me :P) has set ups for way more than PV does. I even emailed the company asking them if I was missing something and I'm not. So I guess what I'm asking is this... did a lot of you just end up using the custom tunes? because I doubt that that is something I will really understand what I'm messing with and I will probably do more harm than good. I just thought that for a sportster, being the highly modified bikes that the owners turn them into, they would have a lot more tunes out.

Old 07-13-2012, 02:27 PM
LouEyez
Cruiser

Check out this link
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/PVlogtuner.htm

this way, you start with a basic map, and you let the software do the rest, without purchasing anything else...I did this and am very happy with the results. the map this got me was better than the one I payed a dyne guy to make (granted he's probably not as gifted as the guys you have over in the US, but still

I love the power vision

L

Old 07-13-2012, 02:39 PM
MegaImagen
Cruiser

Originally Posted by LouEyez
Check out this link
http://www.fuelmotousa.com/PVlogtuner.htm

this way, you start with a basic map, and you let the software do the rest, without purchasing anything else...I did this and am very happy with the results. the map this got me was better than the one I payed a dyne guy to make (granted he's probably not as gifted as the guys you have over in the US, but still

I love the power vision

L
I have to agree! You can send a email to Fuelmotoyusa.com maybe they already have a custom map or you can fallow he instructions and create one. I have the power Vision and love it too!

Old 07-13-2012, 04:16 PM
CanuckSporty
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The best thing about the PV is you can make your own custom tune that is tailored to your bike. No need to use any "canned" tunes.

Check out XLForums for a couple of good DIY threads on tuning with the PV.

If all you want is a canned tune, then you might as well get the Fuel Pack or any other piggy back device.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:51 PM
AustinXL
Tourer

You'll be better off starting with any tune thats even close to yours (brand x air cleaner flows about the same as brand y) and creating your own tune thru datalogging.

Are your cams, pistons, etc stock? If so you can start with any 2-2 exhaust and high flow AC map and go from there. The fine tuning is what makes it different. It's easy, you'll get it.

You can write an email to dynojet or fuel moto, they'll likely tell you just use the stock map that is closest to your config and go from there.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Fuelmoto is the way to go. Get the Powervision with a map just for your scoot. Those guys know what they're doing, and they are excellent to work with.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:15 AM
AustinXL
Tourer

Originally Posted by CanuckSporty

Check out XLForums for a couple of good DIY threads on tuning with the PV.
I second this.

Any base tune from PV or Fuelmoto isn't going to be 100% right for your bike - you'll still have to log and change your VE tables for true efficiency.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:12 AM
heshua
Cruiser

alright. Thanks guys. I plan on buying from fuelmoto tomorrow. They said they have a map for my setup. And like you guys said, I can make adjustments to that as needed/wanted.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:48 AM
BMCsteve
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Mine was just delivered yesterday. The guys at FuelMoto are awesome to deal with

Old 07-21-2012, 01:40 AM
heshua
Cruiser

Yes. The guys at fuelmoto are awesome. I had to apologize to them today though becuase I have to cancel my order for the powervision. I was up at my dealer making an appt for my 1k mile service and having my pipes and forward controls put on. And I was talking to the tech and he told me use at my own risk. He said he didn't know a ton about the powervisions since they are rather knew. But he said that his power commander crapped out after a year, and they get people all the time with power commanders causing issues with their ECM's. Not only that, but the powervision will void my warranty. Granted that;s only if they can prove it caused the problem. But if something happens to my ECM, chances are it's going to be because of something I did to it with the power commander. Plus he was telling me about the screaming eagle race tuners and how any harley dealer can tune with them so if something happens, any dealer will be able to fix it. The powervisioin, that isn't the case. He said that I can do whatever I want, it makes no difference to him. They obviously don't make commission. But he said he wouldn't feel right not informing me of what he knows. He was very intelligent too. He knew lots of statistics and facts off the top of his head about things about my pipes, and different tuners. Including where they are tuned at and the cities weather statistics for where places are tuned at compared to here. So I felt that he was genuinely trying to help me out and not let me possibly get screwed. Even if there powercommanders are as awesome as you guys make them sound to me. There's always a dud somewhere and I'd rather not take the chance of voiding my warranty. Not to mention but the screamin eagle one is cheaper
fuel motto said I could return the package as long as the seal isn't broken. They also informed me that they have harley dealers that sell powercommanders. ANyone know if this is true? The only thing I could think of is if maybe like the smaller franchise type dealers sell them. We have a small dealer in town that I think is like that. They are literally in an old barn. They have a small show room that holds about 15 bikes. And those 15 are CRAMMED. They store customer's bikes outside in a fenced in area. They don't have the greatest reputation either. They might sell power commanders :P
My dealer is a huge "corporate" dealer, so I trust them.

Quick Reply: Powervision