Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powervision

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 04:26 PM
CanuckSporty
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rotho
Well Canuck I followed your advice and removed the tank. I gotta stop doing crap like this or I'll start to think I'm a mechanic lol. You're faith in the PV looks to be well founded. It looks great mounted and from what little I've done with it, it rocks.
Sounds good....have fun tuning

Old 07-27-2012, 05:55 PM
steveb625
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Rotho, I did not remove my tank to run the wire for the PV. I worked a couple of wire ties around the existing wires I could get access to on the right side under the tank. But you got it done so all is well. I have the Techmount control mount on the right side and I picked up a chrome handlebar mount on eBay so I could mount it closer to the speedo. Plan to use the Techmount for phone/gps mount if I ever need to.
The PV download I used really helped my bike run "right".

Old 07-27-2012, 11:51 PM
heshua
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Robo.... Awesome write up. Thanks! Definitely helps me understand it all SO much better. Definitely sounds like the powervision is the cream of the crop. Me being someone who isn't super mechanically inclined, I really made my decision on based on the warranty thing. I understand what you were saying in regards to that as well, how it can still void the warranty if it, in itself, causes the issue. A bit off topic.... but I know there is a law (not sure if it is MI only, or if it's federal) but aftermarket parts can't void warranties just for being their. They have to prove that they did the damage. So I wonder how this argument would hold up if the tuner (any tuner) caused damage to the ECM. Not installing a tuner (assuming you have exhaust and AC that are aftermarket as well) would certainly do damage over time to the engine. So you did what you should and installed a tuner based on the fact that it is supposed to adjust things so that damage is not done. And therefor, any damage done because of the tuner should not void the warranty. The tuner company I feel should be held responsible should it cause an issue as well/instead. Or is this argument just me wanting to blame someone and therefor have to pay up. :P
I'm always so paranoid that I'm somehow going to screwed so I think of these things. haha