Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom made Fender Struts on Swingarm, Custom Bars, and Custom Plateholder (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:13 PM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HERE
Looks like that one is actually still mounted direct to the frame. They probably just used a super stiff set of shocks with hardley any travel and just hope nothing contacts. Also note that the rear section of that frame has been reworked and uses an aftermarket oil bag as opposed to the stocker.
I noticed that as well. Looks great though.
I wonder how hard it would be to reproduce. The extended swing-arm just gives it a little something extra.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:25 AM
commandozx
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi bro. can ur friend make some of those good looking struts... i want to buy from him... cant find it anywhere...

thanks

Originally Posted by FlatIron
There is actually 2 of them on chrome glow. I bought the $50 one. The difference is the $90 one is the whole thing is the running light rather than just the center and it includes the running light circuit. I had to pay an extra $5 for the running light circuit. In all honesty I thought the same thing as you, but this thing is real nice, it's a sealed plastic tube that is waterproof and when you hear it up with a heat gum you can mold the light to the shape you want. I felt it was a little over priced at $50 but well worth it cause if I made one it would not have been as clean and easy to install.

As for the shocks, they are just stock shocks... I didn't cut anything down. That was the point of the fender struts. This way I can slam the fender and still have good travel on the shocks. I actually wanted him to make my struts with one end threaded so I can adjust the height when I get new tires and shocks. Just ran out of time so I was gonna get it taken care of when that time came.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 AM
Yo Nadz
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by commandozx
hi bro. can ur friend make some of those good looking struts... i want to buy from him... cant find it anywhere...

thanks
Dido. I'd be interested in purchasing some of these too!!

Old 07-16-2012, 11:16 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

see omar....now you got mad shipments to facilitate. better start typing that waiver up now!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:21 PM
SJTnightster
2nd Gear

Dude that's Awesome!! I've been looking to do a similar setup on my Nightster. Just been stuck at trying to determine how I wanted to mount some tabs on the swingarm. Can you shoot me some close up pics of the tabs and how you mounted the other end?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:36 PM
SJTnightster
2nd Gear

OKay. Looked at your pics more closely and re-read your descriptions. Was so stoked about the pictures, I didn't thoroughly read your descriptions.

Thanks for posting these. You should definitely get your fabricator guy to really considering doing these as a side product. Big bucks to be made.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:04 PM
FlatIron
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been trying to get a hold of him but it's tough, he works for one of the drift teams and is always away... I will get on it ASAP!

Old 07-16-2012, 09:27 PM
commandozx
Advanced

thanks buddy.... let us know .. cheers.

Originally Posted by FlatIron
I have been trying to get a hold of him but it's tough, he works for one of the drift teams and is always away... I will get on it ASAP!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:06 PM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd seriously take a fender setup like that. Hook us up FlatIron!

Old 07-16-2012, 10:32 PM
afraziaaaa
Advanced

sick bike

Quick Reply: Custom made Fender Struts on Swingarm, Custom Bars, and Custom Plateholder (PICS)