Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For all the Albertans...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 10:40 PM
NFG48
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry For all the Albertans...

Yellowhead Harley. The last two weeks I have spent trying to buy a bike from them and it has been a complete joke! I went in looking to purchase a 2012 sportster 48 that they told me was coming in on the 4th(which it never showed up that day). I got my name put on the bike, sent away a finance application for 13500, 0% down and was told they would hear back the next day. My finance was approved, they told me I needed some more ID, came in with the proper ID, again sent it away. I get a phone call last week on monday that they needed my last two pay stubs. So I faxed in the stubs, explaining to them how I get paid, called to confirm, all good and it was sent away. This tuesday I get a phone call saying they arent approving my financing due to the fact that I work on commission. Needless to say I was floored and clueless as to what they are talking about. I work at a dealership as an auto service tech apprentice. I work straight time, I put in 197 hours this last month, and somehow they think I work on commission. The sales manager says he is going to call them and find out what is going on. I never hear back from him as to if he got a hold of them, or what is going on, once again left in the dark. Called today in the afternoon, sales manager once again was not in. So I figured I would leave work "early" at 5pm, go down and see if I can find out what is going on. Now I did not flip my lid like a mad man, but granted I was fairly upset and was using the odd f-bomb. Didn't make too much of a scene in my eyes, there was hardly anyone there anyways. Once again, was led in a huge circle, was told that they cant do anything if the finance company isn't approving my application, yadda yadda, and so on. I told them I wanted the sales manager to call me tomorrow as soon as he gets in with some answers. I asked if the bike was even there too, and the salesmen proceeds to tell me it isn't and then has the nerve to tell me to not get all worked up. Had to walk out at that point. 15 mins later I get a phone call from the sales manager trying to shittly explain what is going on and how he doesnt appreciate me "making a scene" at the dealership and that because of this he no longer cares to sell me a bike. At that point I told him in the nicest manner I could to go and have himself a wonderful day.

TL;DR: Told my local Harley dealer after they wasted two weeks of my time to go sit on a pole, only in more vulgar language. Also, I will never buy anything from a Harley dealer, till the day they put my cold, pale, stiff corpse 6 feet deep.

As well, is it just me or shouldn't a dealership be trying to get my hard earned cash and trying to make me happy, instead of me always phoning and trying to buy a bike? Felt like I was the one trying to sell myself a bike, and not the salesman. Anyways, thats my rant, thank you to those that listen/sympathize.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 PM
AWelshHooligan
Advanced

Sorry to hear that man......Just try your bank or a credit union for the loan, sometimes factory financing is very picky,

Old 06-21-2012, 12:03 AM
dwagar
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Now you can buy used and save a bunch. Even if you pay interest to the bank, you're way ahead.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:09 AM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Find a low-mileage 48 via private party and save a bundle.
You'll be just as happy in the end. Maybe happier.

Old 06-21-2012, 01:22 AM
hogdiver96
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last few weeks i have read sooo many complaints about H_D dealers on this forum.
The dealers in the UK (in my experiance) couldnt be any more different.
Sure they want your money and custom but thats their business but their attitude seems to be completley different.
My dealer is attentive, polite, and informative and always seem to put themselves out for me.
I wonder if the difference is that we as customers in Europe are not as "buy American" or in our case "buy British" as you guys are.
We have i think more choice in Europe and the H_D dealerships know it and have to fight harder for our business and thats the way it should be.
It seems the only way your dealers will sort there **** out is if you protest by buying other brands and send a rocket up their ****.
What a terrible way to be dealt with by a dealer i think

Old 06-21-2012, 07:03 AM
Sport1200N
Cruiser

In all fairness, its not the dealer's fault that your financing got refused. I'm sure that they would love to sell you a bike.

Going in there and starting to swear isn't going to help anything.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:27 AM
AWelshHooligan
Advanced

When I picked up my Iron a month ago at my local Harley dealership I went in and they gave me a price of $8600.00 out the door.....this included tax, tags and setup fees. sticker on the bike was $7900.00...........So thinking that was not the greatest price I could get, I went to 3 other local Harley places and told them what I wanted and there price was was full sticker with 600.00 dollars of setup fees with tax and tags.....So they all wanted over $9000.00 dollars .....and It seemed they were not to concerned about selling me the bike as well,

I went back to the first dealership I had gone to and told the guy to work a better price and I would take it......I got the bike out the door with everything for $8300.00 .......and 15% off any parts for the next year.......So yes, some dealerships do give that I don't care attitude and that does nothing but hurt them in the end of the month numbers they need to hit

Old 06-21-2012, 08:40 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

whether buying a house, car, motorcycle, etc. it is always best to have your financing lined up before you begin shopping. dealers make a lot of money off financing--if you have to take their financing then your credit/income is probably not the best.
go to a credit union or bank and see what you qualify for...get pre-qualified. find a used bike and let the financial institution handle the paperwork.

Old 06-21-2012, 10:24 AM
WVHogRider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not to bust you *****, but you screwed up by trying to use HD financing.....As Stated, your local credit union is your best bet with the best financing rates, and you can simply open a savings account for something like $20 in order for them to start/get a loan through them.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:47 PM
NFG48
Intermediate

My finance was not necessarily refused, they just had no clue what they were doing. They thought I worked on commission and were "having a hard time approving it". There is nothing wrong with my credit, I figured it would have been easier to just do it all through Harley...apparently not though. I am more so pissed off at the way I was treated. The customer service that they showed was terrible, just absolutely horrible. Even if I was getting the bike I had never planned on bringing it there for service, or parts, now I plan on never spending a dime in any Harley dealer.

Sure, going in somewhere and starting to drop f bombs doesn't help, and I like to think of myself as a patient guy, but for two weeks I was kept in the dark as to what was going on with the bike, and my finance application. A guy can only deal with so much. Doesn't matter though, I'll never set another foot in that place, I'll be telling everyone I know about my experience and I'll be building my own damn bike.

Quick Reply: For all the Albertans...