Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust decided, question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 09:54 PM
JeepnHD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust decided, question

Hey all, need some help. I have settled on what I want for an exhaust. I am going to be picking up the D&D bobcat for my '12 Iron 883. I am going to be needing to do some fuel work so will be getting some XiED's.

Which XiED's do I want/need? 14's, 10's? regular XiEDs?

setup...
2012 IRON 883
Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather
D&D bobcat 2-into-1 Exhaust.

Thanks all. I understand what the XiED's do, but for the life of me cannot figure out which I ones I need.

Here is the exhaust.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:18 AM
Midlife79
Tourer

X14iED - that's what you want. Unless you want the option to change the mix slightly, then you want the ViED's. Somewhere there's a post that talks about only really needing the ViED if you're going to be doing a mix of city and highway riding, but I'm not positive.

I have the X14iED's and am extremely happy with them.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:38 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wise choice on the exhaust...one bad *** exhaust system...I researched for over a month and decided on the D&D.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:07 PM
JeepnHD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by WildThang
Wise choice on the exhaust...one bad *** exhaust system...I researched for over a month and decided on the D&D.
What windshield is that that you have? I have not seen one that I like yet and that thing is sweet.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:10 PM
JeepnHD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Midlife79
X14iED - that's what you want. Unless you want the option to change the mix slightly, then you want the ViED's. Somewhere there's a post that talks about only really needing the ViED if you're going to be doing a mix of city and highway riding, but I'm not positive.

I have the X14iED's and am extremely happy with them.
I do, do a solid mix of highway and city riding as I work in town but live outside of town and ride to my inlaws a few hours away often enough. So you are saying I would want these?

http://sales.nightrider.com/ViED_p_13.html

Anyone know have the link or thread to the thread hes talking about so I can learn up? Thanks all

Old 06-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Bryan83taco
Tourer

Received 134 Likes on 64 Posts

I'm in the same boat. Part of my drive to work is on the highway so I need to figure out which ones I need when I eventually throw an a/c on my bike.

Old 06-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Kontankerous
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The thing is, in town driving your mostly staying in closed loop. Highway you get into open which Xied's have no control over. So to stay "cooler" the Vieds give you the opportunity to run 13.8 A/F vs. a flat 14. I have the same mix of driving but have the X14's, yes, when in town driving, barhopping, bike runs (Thunderbeach, Daytona, Myrtle, etc) it gets hot in the traffic, but I honestly can't say I would change it to 13.8 if I had the Vieds. My plugs looks exactly like they're supposed to and I run a Mreed inspired A/C and the Martin Bros Blunts. I've put 6K+ miles on that setup.

Old 06-19-2012, 04:21 PM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepnHD
What windshield is that that you have? I have not seen one that I like yet and that thing is sweet.
Just to help out the windshield is a National Cycle Flyscreen. I have had that on 2 XL's. Here it is on my past Iron:

Linky...... http://nationalcycle.com/catalogue/Flyscreen.shtml

Last edited by modular; 06-19-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Midlife79
Tourer

Originally Posted by JeepnHD
I do, do a solid mix of highway and city riding as I work in town but live outside of town and ride to my inlaws a few hours away often enough. So you are saying I would want these?

http://sales.nightrider.com/ViED_p_13.html

Anyone know have the link or thread to the thread hes talking about so I can learn up? Thanks all
Yes, that would be the one you'd want. Kontankerous essentially said what the other thread I was referring to said, almost word for word. Not sure which one to pick based on that though.

Old 06-19-2012, 09:23 PM
blindrocket
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by modular
Just to help out the windshield is a National Cycle Flyscreen. I have had that on 2 XL's. Here it is on my past Iron:

Linky...... http://nationalcycle.com/catalogue/Flyscreen.shtml
Off topic, but what bars are those?

Quick Reply: Exhaust decided, question