Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ Pull Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 04:03 PM
HeelDragger
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Smile EZ Pull Clutch

I just installed a EZ Pull Clutch device in my 2011 Super Low and can't stop raving about how great it works. I suffer with severe carpel tunnel pain in my left wrist and "trigger" finger in my left index finger. After long rides in stop and go traffic I couldn't unlock my index finger and was in great pain for hours after riding.

I ordered it on Wednesday and received it today. Installation was fast and simple. Took more time to jack the bike up than it took to install. After I installed it I went for a test ride and found myself practicing figure eights at the DMV (MSF) test range for well over an hour. Bottom line, no more pain. It feels like it reduced clutch effort by 50%. I am not affiliated with EZ Pull Clutch in any way but can honestly recommend it to anyone having difficulty with the Sporty clutch.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:59 PM
mrmikey32
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too suffer, and have been looking at this. good to hear it works

Old 06-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Ragnar Danneskjöld
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've only ever heard good things. Glad it works for you.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:30 PM
mrmikey32
Road Captain

can you post a link of the one you got?

I am finding a few

Old 06-02-2012, 06:09 PM
xwhyz1959
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 1,789 Likes on 531 Posts
Old 06-02-2012, 06:44 PM
IBGary
Road Captain

How does this work?

Old 06-03-2012, 10:36 AM
HeelDragger
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

The correct link for the EZ Pull Clutch is...http://www.easypullclutch.com/

The device is basically an extension piece that is attached to the clutch outer ramp assembly that provides a longer connection for the clutch cable thus providing more leverage. Think of it as a "see-saw", if you put a heavy weight on one side of the "see-saw" board and move the pivot or fulcrum closer to the weight, the easier it will be to lift the weight. Simple but very effective.

The device is approx. 3/4" in size and is machined from a solid piece of billet aluminum. It comes with easy to follow pictorial instructions. Just place bike on a lift to make it level to the ground.Loosen all tension on the clutch cable.Remove the Derby cover. Remove the lock plate and spring. Unscrew the adjusting screw by turning clockwise with a thin screw driver until you can remove the clutch adjusting nut. Remove the outer and inner ramp assembly by pulling straight out. Remove the cable from the ramp assembly and install EZ Pull Clutch device to the ramp assembly.It simply bolts on. Reinstall the cable to the ramp assembly and then reinstall ramp assembly to the clutch. Reinstall the clutch adjusting nut by tightening the adjustment screw counter clockwise until it is just snug. Back out the adjusting screw 1/4 turn clockwise and then reinstall the lock-plate and spring. Reinstall the Derby cover and tighten bolts to 90 - 120 inch pounds. Re adjust clutch cable lever for a 1/16 to 1/8 inch free-play by pulling the clutch cable ferrule at the lever and tightening the cable adjuster. Make sure you tighten the lock-down nut and secure the rubber weather proof boot.

It took more time to write this up than it took to install.

A good reference you tube video on Sportster clutch adjustment is...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=invnrw3nj3U

Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 PM
digitalhippie
Cruiser

Have you looked into surgery? I've suffered with CTS and trigger thumb for nearly 14 years... finally caved in and had the surgery done last fall. Pain and discomfort is GREATLY reduced, range of motion is 1000x better, and overall improvement in quality of life. I can comfortably hold my clutch in at stops this year w/o the severe pain I had previously. And the numbness from holding constant throttle for a couple minutes is gone too.

Old 12-08-2014, 07:35 AM
tgs989
6th Gear

Great review. Good info. I am going to buy this kit as I am tired of having my left hand cramp up after riding. I Think Father Time Does Not Like Me?

Old 12-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Pixiechitos
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My right wrist spazzes out after 3 days of non stop riding.

Quick Reply: EZ Pull Clutch