Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found my saveing grace, drivers rest.

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 11:14 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

I just spoke to Eddy and emailed him a boat load of pics with my setup and measurements from all different angles. With and without the bags and side plates on. He said it might take a bit to get back to me, but I'm hoping for the best.

Again, I have detachable side plates and the form-fitting detachable Boss Bags. If he can make my setup work, he'll be able to make almost any configuration work.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:33 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i also have one of these back rests, the guy who makes them in the USA site is protac.net. They are not the best looking but they are cheap and work well, plus they are easily to modify youself to customize the fit. fast eddy is a distributor for protac. there are other options but this one is nice because it's very easy to remove.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Hazardous Smoker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baka1969
I just spoke to Eddy and emailed him a boat load of pics with my setup and measurements from all different angles. With and without the bags and side plates on. He said it might take a bit to get back to me, but I'm hoping for the best.

Again, I have detachable side plates and the form-fitting detachable Boss Bags. If he can make my setup work, he'll be able to make almost any configuration work.
Let us know if he can make it work. I have virtually the same setup as you do so if he can make it work for you he can surely make it work for me as well.

Old 05-25-2012, 11:47 PM
CanuckSporty
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is my backrest:

But I need some apes to really lean back on it.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:48 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazardous Smoker
Let us know if he can make it work. I have virtually the same setup as you do so if he can make it work for you he can surely make it work for me as well.
Will do. I hope it can be done. The Mustang option is $600 at DK. That's the Wide Solo, the backrest and the pillion pad. I already have the Sundowner, which is a decent enough seat. I just need the backrest. However, if the one offered by Fasy Eddy won't work with my saddlebags and detachable side plates then I can't use it. I certainly would like to save $450.

The other question I'd have would be how well it works for 2-up riding?

Old 05-26-2012, 06:06 AM
Harryinny
Tourer

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75
i also have one of these back rests, the guy who makes them in the USA site is protac.net. They are not the best looking but they are cheap and work well, plus they are easily to modify youself to customize the fit. fast eddy is a distributor for protac. there are other options but this one is nice because it's very easy to remove.
I had to reverse mine into the brackets and pull it towards the back of the bike to put it just a bit more foreward so i could reach the bars, I cant wait to get the mini apes for this, ill be in wonderland rideing the bike then. Until then its a chore to ride because of the pain i get in my arms and shoulders reaching the bars. Its a must that i actually bury my back into the rest. So far excellent fit with a little angle adjustment. Yah i totally forgot about Protec, thats where i ordered mine, Thats where all the pictures are of them, and where you answer all the questions when ordering. Thanks for saying something, i totally forgot.

Old 05-26-2012, 06:09 AM
Harryinny
Tourer

Originally Posted by baka1969
Will do. I hope it can be done. The Mustang option is $600 at DK. That's the Wide Solo, the backrest and the pillion pad. I already have the Sundowner, which is a decent enough seat. I just need the backrest. However, if the one offered by Fasy Eddy won't work with my saddlebags and detachable side plates then I can't use it. I certainly would like to save $450.

The other question I'd have would be how well it works for 2-up riding?
From my fit with the stock 2up seat, theres plenty of room for the passenger. BTW, make sure you can get your leg over the bike seat to get on(unlike me where because of my back i cant get on without lifting my lag over by hand). If you cant, the rest might hinder you. I would like mine a bit lower for that reason, but then, it wouldnt set against the part of my back that needs the support(mid back).