Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Sick Saddle

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 12:51 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

looks good man but, sick? looks pretty much like a moco issue seat. not knocking his skills, i couldn't do that **** so i respect it. sure his prices are more than fair (great really) but to me........

this is a sick saddle!
or anything duane ballard does...he's a leather god.

Last edited by bmxatv; 05-21-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Twiste
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are very comfortable. I got a brown standard synthetic and its very well made. Seats can cost a lot and I just wanted a seat that rides well and looks good on my bike. Spent more on seats that didn't put me in the riding position I wanted so, Ed took the time to make it to the low profile spec I wanted and still made it comfortable. I'm sure the custom seat above costs in the area around 300 bucks so I'm happy as hell. Don't need to spend a lot of cash when you have great vender's like Ed.

Thanks Ed!

Attached Thumbnails Another Sick Saddle-gatorseat.jpg  
Old 05-21-2012, 09:39 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by bmxatv
looks good man but, sick? looks pretty much like a moco issue seat. not knocking his skills, i couldn't do that **** so i respect it. sure his prices are more than fair (great really) but to me........

this is a sick saddle!
I agree with you Mike. Ballards seats are badass. But for $100-$200 for a (semi)custom seat that's quality made, it's hard to beat.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:38 AM
warrick
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is a sick saddle!

It's like apples and oranges. We are all talking about a custom seat between $99 and $179, and you pop in with this seat that STARTS at $750.

That's like you coming in here and showing your new $30k car, then me popping in and comparing to my $200k AMG Mercedes.

What is your point? Not hard to find the best if you have the $$$.

Old 05-22-2012, 06:58 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Twiste
They are very comfortable. I got a brown standard synthetic and its very well made. Seats can cost a lot and I just wanted a seat that rides well and looks good on my bike. Spent more on seats that didn't put me in the riding position I wanted so, Ed took the time to make it to the low profile spec I wanted and still made it comfortable. I'm sure the custom seat above costs in the area around 300 bucks so I'm happy as hell. Don't need to spend a lot of cash when you have great vender's like Ed.

Thanks Ed!
yup hard to beat at that price and that one you got is very nice. just sayin....that's all

Originally Posted by warrick
What is your point? Not hard to find the best if you have the $$$.
my point was that everyones idea of sick is a little different. that was it, don't turn this into something it isn't. that was my opinion, nothin more nothing less.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Jackal
Road Master

Originally Posted by Twiste

Thanks Ed!
Nice! You hidin an ECU under there? That's about what I would want except a LITTLE more support at the rear similar to stock Nightster seat only moved back about an inch or two for more leg stretch. I'd be ALL ABOUT a leather saddle for $150 or so.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:56 PM
tripn88
Road Warrior

Im pretty sure this guy that makes these branded the seat as a sick saddle. Not that someone is saying its sick lol... Iv thought about one, but I put my stock seat on and it sat me to close to the ground not sure that I would like this one either.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:22 PM
Twiste
Cruiser

yup hard to beat at that price and that one you got is very nice. just sayin....that's all

my point was that everyones idea of sick is a little different. that was it, don't turn this into something it isn't. that was my opinion, nothin more nothing less.

It's a great lookin great ridin seat I can afford and that F@@kin Sick in my mind LOL. The seat you have does look pretty sweet but I'll never drop that kinda cash on a seat. Getting the heads and cams overhauled so I go faster hmmm maybe LOL.

Old 05-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Twiste
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Jackal
Nice! You hidin an ECU under there? That's about what I would want except a LITTLE more support at the rear similar to stock Nightster seat only moved back about an inch or two for more leg stretch. I'd be ALL ABOUT a leather saddle for $150 or so.

Yea it's under there, I feel it when I hit a really bad bump but low is what I asked for. Ed warned me but he still did a great job and only feel it on occasion. I'm considering removing it and puttin it next to fuse box. May start a thread and ask for some idea's on moving it as well.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:40 PM
John Hyatt
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was in fayettevile arkansas a couple of years ago doing a job.

Left my scoot at home. I saw a few rider guys up on very spendy Harleys. Their seats cost more than my whole ride. Must be nice. Big time brag rights I am thinking.

Not cool I am thinking. The sick boy's make a good product. No reason to shitout another that cant buy that kind of stuff.

JonMon

Quick Reply: Another Sick Saddle