Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Touring Seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Turbinesaint
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Mustang Vintage Solo on my bike. . .very comfortable and a good upgrade. I noticed that my butt still hurts after 100+ miles or so and I need a little break. I think that's more an issue of my butt getting "in shape" so to speak than the seat. Something to think about. . .the seat will be a good upgrade but you need some solid saddle time to get conditioned to ride longer distances. Others probably have different experiences, but that's mine. By the end of last summer I could go twice as far on the stock seat (without pain) than I could at the beginning.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:33 PM
Hazardous Smoker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never thought about the ride but it makes sense. I definitely will be giving Mustang a call here shortly though.

Old 05-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Hazardous Smoker
Tourer

I spoke with Sue a Sales Associate and after deliberating went with a Wide Touring Vintage Solo.

I was going to get the standard Vintage Solo but she gave me a discount. $253 out the door including $1 shipping.

If I doesn't work for me I can send it back and get the standard but from what she told me I don't think I will be doing that.

Thanks for all the help I will let you know how it turns out as I should be receiving the seat by Friday ahead of the long weekend.

Last edited by Hazardous Smoker; 05-21-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:53 AM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazardous Smoker
I spoke with Sue a Sales Associate and after deliberating went with a Wide Touring Vintage Solo.

I was going to get the standard Vintage Solo but she gave me a discount. $253 out the door including $1 shipping.

If I doesn't work for me I can send it back and get the standard but from what she told me I don't think I will be doing that.

Thanks for all the help I will let you know how it turns out as I should be receiving the seat by Friday ahead of the long weekend.

Good choice! I have their Day Tripper which I love. Even for doing long trips, that seat has been great.

Just a heads up for next time though, check out Ebay or other site like www.denniskirk.com or www.jpcycles.com (Two favorites) for lower prices. I know you already ordered and don't want to burst your bubble, but I found the same seat on DK for $220 with free shipping.

Anyways, enjoy the seat!

Old 05-22-2012, 08:47 AM
jamaio
Novice

I just ordered the wide solo from DK, it will be here tomorrow. Based on everything I have read on the forum I feel I made the right choice. I have put 500 miles on my sporty in the last too weeks and my *** hurts!! I can't wait to be able to ride longer...

Old 05-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Hazardous Smoker
Tourer

Originally Posted by IRON1250
I wish Mustang offered distressed brown leather for a choice in their seats.
Well you are in luck because now they do. If they don't have what you are looking for yet they soon will in distressed brown leather.

Old 05-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Hazardous Smoker
Tourer

Just got my seat yesterday and although I have only done about 50 miles on it, this thing rocks!!

After careful discussions with Sue at Mustang she talked me into giving the Wide Solo a try and I'm glad I did. It's a world of difference between this and the stock seat.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:14 AM
HazzSportster
Intermediate

I have same issue. The stock seat starts to hurt after 50 or so miles. I am debating between the Mustang Wide vintage Solo and the HD Sundowner. I have heard good things about both. Has anyone here tried both and if so, which is better?

Old 05-27-2012, 10:46 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by HazzSportster
I have same issue. The stock seat starts to hurt after 50 or so miles. I am debating between the Mustang Wide vintage Solo and the HD Sundowner. I have heard good things about both. Has anyone here tried both and if so, which is better?
I guess that depends on your a$$.
I've had both, first the Sundowner and then (currently) the Mustang Wide Vintage.
The Sundowner "bucket" wraps around further forward on the sides than it does on the Mustang. (See points A and B on the photo below)
I found that the wrap around on the Sundowner, which my **** wound up sitting on, created pressure points after several hours that became uncomfortable.
If your skinny, this may not be an issue.

Old 05-27-2012, 11:55 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by cHarley
I guess that depends on your a$$.
I've had both, first the Sundowner and then (currently) the Mustang Wide Vintage.
The Sundowner "bucket" wraps around further forward on the sides than it does on the Mustang. (See points A and B on the photo below)
I found that the wrap around on the Sundowner, which my **** wound up sitting on, created pressure points after several hours that became uncomfortable.
If your skinny, this may not be an issue.

Which do you think offers better support and long-term comfort? I currently have the Sundowner and have had that Mustang in the past and I liked the Mustang better. Even though the Sundowner isn't a bad seat and is head and shoulders better than the stock one.

Quick Reply: Mustang Touring Seats