Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Clutch - Anyone out there have one?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2015, 10:07 AM
banginTwins
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Clutch

I installed a EFM Autoclutch in my Wife's Sporty, she loves it! One thing that's nice for a person with limited experience or as mentioned special needs situation, there is no strenuous clutch pull so you can sit at a stop with the bike in gear.....IN GEAR..... And the bike won't move till you get up to about 1200/1250 Rpm and the bike smoothly takes off! Also you do not have to shift using the clutch either.... Unless you want to and in that case have at it, you can ride it just like any other bike!

Not sure where you are located but she is going to move onto a bigger bike now so the Sporty "might" be going up for sale!

If you haven't gotten anything yet and are Interested shoot me a message and if not then I hope this helps.

William

Old 05-20-2015, 10:22 AM
sroc3
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by samm3d
......However, its a scooter. I don't want a scooter. Scooters are like fat chicks, they're fun to ride but you don't want anybody seeing you do it.
...... Wow.....You totally made my morning..LOL. I laughed so hard in my office everyone looked at me.

Old 05-20-2015, 10:30 AM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.efmautoclutch.com/street.shtml is one. I found an exact copy of this a few years ago with no name on it on ebay. Worked in a chopper I built as long as we owned the motorcycle. Took some searchin to find though, but is was only a couple hundred bucks.

I've installed a couple of these, they work pretty good, you still need to use the clutch lever after take off though. Pair this with an easy pull and it might help...

Old 10-12-2015, 09:31 PM
4myvrod
6th Gear

I am currently running an EFM Auto Clutch as well as a Quickshifter on my 02 Vrod. It is a blast!!! The bike is currently up for sale, if anyone is interested.

Old 02-09-2016, 12:54 AM
green ace
Stage I

Originally Posted by banginTwins
I installed a EFM Autoclutch in my Wife's Sporty, she loves it! One thing that's nice for a person with limited experience or as mentioned special needs situation, there is no strenuous clutch pull so you can sit at a stop with the bike in gear.....IN GEAR..... And the bike won't move till you get up to about 1200/1250 Rpm and the bike smoothly takes off! Also you do not have to shift using the clutch either.... Unless you want to and in that case have at it, you can ride it just like any other bike!

Not sure where you are located but she is going to move onto a bigger bike now so the Sporty "might" be going up for sale!

If you haven't gotten anything yet and are Interested shoot me a message and if not then I hope this helps.

William
banginTwins do you still have the auto lunch for sale... I want one for my wife