Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone used Nite Shade on their tail lights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 02:25 PM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have it on my trucks taillights and it looks good and not too dark, but I have done other taillight that were black. My buddy has Niteshades on his taillight and turn signals on his bike they are kinda hard to see during the day. A few light coats is fine or if you have LED bulds then you would be fine as well-just do a few coats and let it dry, don't go crazy.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:20 PM
DC666
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I sprayed 2 thin coats on the brake light the other day. You can still see the brake when its on but a little too dark IMO. It does look good but safety wise not so much. I've ordered a low pro tinted LED tail light off Ebay that should be here in a couple days. I'll post some pics once its on. Nightshade paint is probably best used for cars/trucks or off road vehicles.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:15 PM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My experience with this product was on my vrod with the LED brake/run/turn under the fender. Those lights are bright as *****! Still my buds were worried about running in to me with the nite shades. Don't just assume it'll be ok with the led lights. Ymmv

Old 05-08-2012, 11:50 PM
jbears
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DC666
I sprayed 2 thin coats on the brake light the other day. You can still see the brake when its on but a little too dark IMO. It does look good but safety wise not so much. I've ordered a low pro tinted LED tail light off Ebay that should be here in a couple days. I'll post some pics once its on. Nightshade paint is probably best used for cars/trucks or off road vehicles.
I'm very interested in seeing how your purchase turns out. Do you have a link to the light?

Old 05-08-2012, 11:52 PM
jbears
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cHarley
Did you try THIS?

No...what is this 'google' you speak of?

Thanks for your useless post. Of course I tried google. I just thought maybe the experts of this forum could narrow it down for me more so than a giant search engine.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:07 AM
IrishGirl329
Cruiser

I used it for my truck and it came out awesome. I did it on my Nightster. It was a little too dark for my liking, so I bought smoked lenses. I haven't changed them yet.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:49 AM
jbears
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IrishGirl329
I used it for my truck and it came out awesome. I did it on my Nightster. It was a little too dark for my liking, so I bought smoked lenses. I haven't changed them yet.

Do you have a pic of how it turned out on your nightster?

The more I think about it though, I am leaning towards an earlier post that this may be too ghetto of a mod....

Old 05-09-2012, 05:49 AM
samhallnc
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I agree it's ghetto but I'd still like to see a pic. I bought smoked lenses but the red led bulbs I've tried were too dim to shine through safely. Is there some trick to getting more power to the brake light to power these led's or do I just need a better led bulb? I haven't been able to find a red standard bulb either.. orange are easy to find but I've had no luck with red.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:55 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by jbears
Is there a better alternative? I like the blacked out look, but I didn't think Harley made the smoked lenses for the back?
Originally Posted by jbears
No...what is this 'google' you speak of?

Thanks for your useless post. Of course I tried google. I just thought maybe the experts of this forum could narrow it down for me more so than a giant search engine.
Useless post? I gave you a page full of what asked for, that you didn't think Harley made. Sorry, I didn't realize you needed to be spoon fed, I won't bother to respond to any of your posts in the future.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:59 AM
modular
Stellar HDF Member

Received 285 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by cHarley
Useless post? I gave you a page full of what asked for, that you didn't think Harley made. Sorry, I didn't realize you needed to be spoon fed, I won't bother to respond to any of your posts in the future.

Bwahahahahaha. Nice brother!

Quick Reply: Has anyone used Nite Shade on their tail lights?