Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

licks cycles sucks

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Nubz
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats to say you can't take the chrome one and put some work into it and paint it black anyway

Old 05-29-2012, 02:58 PM
IronBoy883
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just about to order a set of 10 inch Z bars when i remembered seeing this thread haha I wanted to get the bars asap since I have a ride coming up and then going out of the country for two weeks, Glad I came back and looked around. I just emailed them to see what the turn around on the bars would be because if it is more than two weeks I'll wait till July to order them or maybe even just let it go until the fall. I understand being over whelmed but if you are that busy and doing well, expand !

Old 05-29-2012, 11:07 PM
EaZ8
Cruiser

update on this????
i seriously hope you have it sorted out.

Originally Posted by SuperBrace
EaZ8,
Thanks for the SuperBrace Sportster/Nightster/ Iron 883 mention. For those that haven’t dramatically improved their front suspension with SuperBrace yet, there are only 7 more days left for the SuperBrace Group Buy: http://superbrace.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9999!

Ride Safe,
no problem!

Originally Posted by Nubz
Whats to say you can't take the chrome one and put some work into it and paint it black anyway
could plasti dip it...but thats not what he paid for.

Old 05-30-2012, 12:07 PM
ItsTomFromNorthJersey
Tourer

Originally Posted by EaZ8
update on this????
i seriously hope you have it sorted out.

no problem!

could plasti dip it...but thats not what he paid for.

they refunded me after weeks of hell, thanks for the supporters

Old 02-18-2014, 11:10 AM
murse2k7
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've nothing but good experiences with Lick's prompt service, fine products, nice people.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:22 AM
SCJoe
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been trying to cancel and get a refund for over a month after I got tired of waiting for their new half helmet that I pre-ordered back in Sept. Looks like I'll have to file a dispute with my credit card company, so obviously I won't be dealing with them again.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:27 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by murse2k7
I've nothing but good experiences with Lick's prompt service, fine products, nice people.
OP is from 2 years ago??

Old 02-18-2014, 11:38 AM
AWS2111
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last summer my girlfriend ordered a silver 3/4 helmet from them, after a few weeks with no package she emailed them and they told her it was back ordered(no, it was not listed as back ordered on the website). I've ordered from a plethora of companies and to not have the company initiate notice of a back order is simply unheard of. After THREE MONTHS of being back ordered and never hearing from Licks (without contacting them first) she finally just sucked it up and decided to get the black one instead since they said they had it in stock. By the time she got it the riding season was over, no offer of a discount or any store credit or even an apology.

In the past I had ordered my headlight from them, it got to me in an ok amount of time, two weeks could be worse. However, I've ordered from enough different companies (DK Customs, Biltwell, JP) and all of them have FAST shipping(especially DK) and excellent customer service. Companies like them set the standard and Licks simply doesn't come close.

Additionally, I've seen them make appearances on forums and make replies to product reviews, they get hyper defensive of any slight criticism of their products and downright aggressive with customers.

Long story short, I'll never order from them again as I would rather support a company with not only good products but also good people.

Last edited by AWS2111; 02-18-2014 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:06 PM
cpracing519
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks some of you have had bad luck with Licks. I have had nothing but excellent service when ordering from them. I even ordered new bars a few weeks ago and did not get them yet. I emailed AJ yesterday and got a quick reply. He said the bars just got made and were shipped this morning. I am very happy with there parts and customer service. I have purchased many parts from them and will continue in the future.

Old 02-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Highlux
Tourer

And these guys are sponsors? Hmmm. How does that work? How many complaints does a sponsor get before they are not a sponsor anymore?

Hopefully not a case of cronyism.

Quick Reply: licks cycles sucks