Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

licks cycles sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 06:01 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^

Old 04-29-2012, 07:20 AM
HarleyBob52
Road Warrior
Received 762 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by EaZ8
so i was looking at getting a fork brace today, screaming eagle ones are over $200. i think it was 250 actually.
what other ones are there that are functional, and what makes one better than the other? all it does is stop the forks from bowing out under compression right?

serious question... i have no problem dishing out the 250 as long as its justified against some other after market ones.
I got a Scream'n Eagle Fork Brace for my 99 at Surdyke in St Louis for 171 very well built,nice looking piece,very happy with it

Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 PM
ItsTomFromNorthJersey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

still havent gotten it, I emailed aj 3 business days ago asking for a refund and couldn't even get that. his excuse was it has to go through accounting first. how can a unprofessional business like this even have a accounting department. all i have to say is licks sucks!

Old 05-14-2012, 06:53 PM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

are you kidding me?

Old 05-14-2012, 06:54 PM
EaZ8
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ItsTomFromNorthJersey
still havent gotten it, I emailed aj 3 business days ago asking for a refund and couldn't even get that. his excuse was it has to go through accounting first. how can a unprofessional business like this even have a accounting department. all i have to say is licks sucks!
considering your time frame... i would expect a no hassle refund.
how did you pay? if you paid credit card you could call and put a stop payment, they pull the money back and give it to you..if the company doesnt reply the $ stays yours, if it does then its goes into dispute.
in your case, they havent given you what you bought...so....

also, Superbrace has a group buy... i just ordered from them, they ship them all out at the end of the deadline for the group buy.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:57 PM
ItsTomFromNorthJersey
Tourer

Originally Posted by EaZ8
considering your time frame... i would expect a no hassle refund.
how did you pay? if you paid credit card you could call and put a stop payment, they pull the money back and give it to you..if the company doesnt reply the $ stays yours, if it does then its goes into dispute.
in your case, they havent given you what you bought...so....

also, Superbrace has a group buy... i just ordered from them, they ship them all out at the end of the deadline for the group buy.

i paid through paypal. im giving it till the end of the week then im gonna put a claim in, aj does email me back which is a good thing but man what a friggin pain in the ***. il check out the group buy thanks

Old 05-14-2012, 07:00 PM
EaZ8
Cruiser

its on xl forum... dont know if HD forum allows links to other forums
just click on the group buys section and you will see it.

you may want to contact paypal sooner than later... they have a time limit on your time frame to submit a claim.
ive never had to do it so i dont know what the time frame is.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:30 PM
CanuckSporty
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd be pissed too. I order a ton of stuff online and if it's in stock I expect it shipped within 48 hours. If not in stock I'd probably look elsewhere.

I did have an order with Lick's for a solo bag but I knew I had to wait for it, but it's a one of a kind (kind of) so I knew that up front. I even asked for a shirt to be added to my order and they shipped it with my order and didn't even charge me for it.

I hope you get your issue with them resolved.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 PM
ANESTHESIA
Tourer

If they do not come up with it soon and don't refund you. Call your CC co. Explain the situation, it's called a charge back...

Old 05-25-2012, 08:56 PM
SuperBrace
Banned

EaZ8,
Thanks for the SuperBrace Sportster/Nightster/ Iron 883 mention. For those that haven’t dramatically improved their front suspension with SuperBrace yet, there are only 7 more days left for the SuperBrace Group Buy: http://superbrace.com/proddetail.asp?prod=9999!

Ride Safe,

Quick Reply: licks cycles sucks