Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

licks cycles sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another spoiled brat having a tantum, that's all this thread is.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:32 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^dude you really should try another forum. you contribute nothing here.

Old 04-28-2012, 07:34 AM
redrub
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry but there are many differences between buying parts and accessories from Licks or from JP or Dennis Kirk;

1) Licks 250,000 square foot facility is no where near as modern as DK's, He still runs steam generation and mule teams.

2) AJ also has 150 people working around the clock, but they are all 10 years old and tire out once it's past their bed time.

3) Licks whole fleet of container ships got lost somewhere between Honshu and LA, the Coast Guard is still looking, godspeed.

I also believe Licks is a horrible business model, so whenever I need some generic part I can get anywhere I go to DK.On the rare occasion they are back ordered they tell me that on the phone when I order.

When I want something unique or made for a niche I will always support a company like Licks. To me he proved his mettle when he first came out with their Sportie bags.
He offered an online discount and was immediately overwhelmed!
It took a while but he eventually got them out. He didn't charge until they were shipped!
BFD! If I wanted a different bag I could have gotten one somewhere else.

If AJ wanted to be DK you would have a different experience. You likely will get less personal "no, not yet man"s but you will also have less unique quality made parts.
That's your choice right there Bozo!

Licks :thumbsup:

Last edited by redrub; 04-28-2012 at 07:36 AM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-28-2012, 09:58 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everybody on here tried to empathize with you and even offered learned lessons about ordering stuff. You did not see the writing on the wall…..What a Shame!

All you have done is whine like a little Bitch, grow up and grow a pair. Just because Mommy and Daddy have not handled these troubles for you, the first thing you do is blast someone you tried to do business with un-successfully with (according to you).

Well you have shown your grown-up side for sure.

You, no less come on the World Wide Web, too throw your tantrum, you now have been weighed-measured- and found wanting (lacking), as others have stated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then you respond to one of the Posts with this drivel;

wtf man do i have to ask stores if they have in stock before i order it? why even have it on there website?

These guys have said a mouthful in response to your attitude (which by the way was pretty nice considering).

“ another spoiled brat having a tantum, that's all this thread is.”
“^^^dude you really should try another forum. you contribute nothing here.”
“You might want to look into some meds man.”

Again I say:"What a Shame........................"

Good Luck in life

Last edited by SteveO-ll; 04-28-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:47 AM
wahlumsurfer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EaZ8
so i was looking at getting a fork brace today, screaming eagle ones are over $200. i think it was 250 actually.
what other ones are there that are functional, and what makes one better than the other? all it does is stop the forks from bowing out under compression right?

serious question... i have no problem dishing out the 250 as long as its justified against some other after market ones.
http://www.superbrace.com/products.asp?cat=10

Old 04-28-2012, 10:53 AM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer
+1 on the Superbrace. It's a real, functional,structural, fork brace, not a cosmetic toy.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:16 PM
EaZ8
Cruiser

Originally Posted by wahlumsurfer
Originally Posted by cHarley
+1 on the Superbrace. It's a real, functional,structural, fork brace, not a cosmetic toy.

Great, thanks guys, appreciate the link, and it has a good explanation of what it does.
i was actually looking at that site a few days ago.
i do fail to see a difference between the function of that and say the one the poster in this thread bought, but the price is similar, so i wont argue.
ive seen some that look like the bolt on where the fender bolts on, those look like they do nothing. but i do like the look of them.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:50 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by EaZ8
Great, thanks guys, appreciate the link, and it has a good explanation of what it does.
i was actually looking at that site a few days ago.
i do fail to see a difference between the function of that and say the one the poster in this thread bought, but the price is similar, so i wont argue.
ive seen some that look like the bolt on where the fender bolts on, those look like they do nothing. but i do like the look of them.
What the OP purchased is simply a U shaped (upside down) piece of sheetmetal. That offers very little lateral support between the fork legs. The Superbrace is virtually a 3/8" thick piece of straight aluminum stock fastened between the 2 fork legs.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:03 PM
ItsTomFromNorthJersey
Tourer

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll

Everybody on here tried to empathize with you and even offered learned lessons about ordering stuff. You did not see the writing on the wall…..What a Shame!

All you have done is whine like a little Bitch, grow up and grow a pair. Just because Mommy and Daddy have not handled these troubles for you, the first thing you do is blast someone you tried to do business with un-successfully with (according to you).

Well you have shown your grown-up side for sure.

You, no less come on the World Wide Web, too throw your tantrum, you now have been weighed-measured- and found wanting (lacking), as others have stated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then you respond to one of the Posts with this drivel;

wtf man do i have to ask stores if they have in stock before i order it? why even have it on there website?

These guys have said a mouthful in response to your attitude (which by the way was pretty nice considering).

“ another spoiled brat having a tantum, that's all this thread is.”
“^^^dude you really should try another forum. you contribute nothing here.”
“You might want to look into some meds man.”

Again I say:"What a Shame........................"

Good Luck in life
You must beat your wife.. For your information I moved out of my house when I was 18, got a job and a dam good one I might add. Go to work and get **** done. I don't deal with companies that lie to there customers. I don't have tolerance for bullshit. I pay for my goods and I want them. I'm sorry for all you people that like lick's but dont take it personally and get insulted. Don't bash me cause I paid for something and got lied to and ripped off. F that. I wouldn't of posted a bad experience about a vendor to get bashed on by a bunch of older men that find this entertaining. I l.ove this forum and I got awesome ideas from it and talked to some great people. We love each others bikes and when something goes wrong weather its a front brace or even a dam valve cap I want people to know so it doesn't happen to them

Old 04-28-2012, 11:22 PM
PanterA101
Tourer

Originally Posted by ItsTomFromNorthJersey
You must beat your wife.. For your information I moved out of my house when I was 18, got a job and a dam good one I might add. Go to work and get **** done. I don't deal with companies that lie to there customers. I don't have tolerance for bullshit. I pay for my goods and I want them. I'm sorry for all you people that like lick's but dont take it personally and get insulted. Don't bash me cause I paid for something and got lied to and ripped off. F that. I wouldn't of posted a bad experience about a vendor to get bashed on by a bunch of older men that find this entertaining. I l.ove this forum and I got awesome ideas from it and talked to some great people. We love each others bikes and when something goes wrong weather its a front brace or even a dam valve cap I want people to know so it doesn't happen to them
Steveo also sounds like my ex rommate. You payed money and after all this time still haven't received it but you're wrong for not being happy with it........................ I need lots of dots to think that one through? .................................................. .............. Still not quite enough............... He probably works for them.

Quick Reply: licks cycles sucks