Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

licks cycles sucks

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 PM
ItsTomFromNorthJersey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by streetfighter06
That sucks, Tom. I've been in that boat. Try dealing with sikpipes....
everybody has a different experience with a vendor and **** happens. but if you cant contact you customer until they contact you then its unprofessional

Old 04-26-2012, 08:26 PM
simmy711
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered from them and had zero issues. However, I do agree that customer service is #1 and they should be notifying everyone who had an order, not putting it on their blog and expecting people to find it. I'm the most inpatient bastard you've ever met, waiting is not something I do without a fight.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by ItsTomFromNorthJersey
so i ordered a front fork brace over a month ago and i didnt get it yet. i ordered it in the first week of April. 10 days ago i emailed them and ask whats taking so long. they told me there on back ordered and they can send me a chrome one at no additional cost. I don't want chrome i want the raw one so i can paint it black. i emailed them again today and they respond "not yet man". who talks to there customers like that and says "not yet man" if i don't hear anything in another week im refunding my order.. I'm pist off that i had to contact them 2 weeks after asking what the hold up is when they should of contacted me with the status. if licks reads this YOU GUYS SUCKS!
I'd say your a week short of 1 month, let alone over a month.

It may not be stellar customer service and you share the blame for not checking on availability before ordering, but get real, it's not like your bike isn't ride-able because you don't have an add-on accessory. Hell, the Licks part isn't even a real structural fork brace, it's more cosmetic than anything.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 PM
cpracing519
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry you had bad luck with them. I have ordered many things from Licks and never had an issue. I think they are a great company and will continue using them. I have contacted them a few times with questions or what ever and always get a quick response within a few days. I hope they fix the issue for you. I know with my 10" z bars it took a little longer to get, but I emailed them ahead of time to find out the turn around time before ordering. Some things are in high demand and it takes them a while to fill all the orders.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:22 PM
ItsTomFromNorthJersey
Tourer

Originally Posted by cHarley
I'd say your a week short of 1 month, let alone over a month.

It may not be stellar customer service and you share the blame for not checking on availability before ordering, but get real, it's not like your bike isn't ride-able because you don't have an add-on accessory. Hell, the Licks part isn't even a real structural fork brace, it's more cosmetic than anything.
You must be good at reading a calender. It being a cosmetic part and not interfering with my bike running has nothing to do it.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Voony
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While it sucks to have to wait so long for a part to come in, the "not yet man" is just the way AJ talks. He's the only guy I've ever dealt with and he always bent over backward for me.

Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Blaven48
Road Captain

So the million dollar question is was it back ordered when you placed the order?? If so I dunno why your flipping out about it. If it wasn't I can understand why you would be frustrated but like street fighter said try dealing with sikpipes.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:08 AM
sajackson
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry you are having a bad experience. Personally Ive not had any problems with Licks and wouldnt hesitate to order from them again.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:40 AM
Rog48
Elite HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow, so many comments on sikpipes on a licks thread When I placed my order for my diesels he told me upfront it would be about 6 weeks and thats right about how long it took.

Old 04-27-2012, 06:19 AM
bmxatv
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

watch what you say about lick's here and on xlf. i bashed them on xlf for reselling other company's parts and making no mention and about how overpriced their stupid seat kit was.....i was banned from the site for a week. they sponsor both sites but if you can't say something negative about someone or mention a bad experience so no one else has to deal with it, you shouldnt be able to make a positive comment either. they couldn't sell just the seat hinge from their kit because they wanted to rape you for the whole thing at like 300$. asshats! it's ashame really but that's the way it is. i agree, lick's is overpriced goods that 9x out of 10 are manufactured by someone else and they can't even mention their name on the product descriptions. the seat in that kit was a west eagle, they conveniently named it a lick's slimline solo......WEAK!!!!

Last edited by bmxatv; 04-27-2012 at 06:22 AM.

Quick Reply: licks cycles sucks