Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advise-Fender Chop & Tail Light Removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Codyryan
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do I need to do to make my rear turn signals my brake lights too I'm trying to do the chop and do away with the brake light but don't know how to wire that and help please ?

Old 03-02-2013, 11:00 PM
RIBowhunter
Stage I

So I'm a bit confused still.... I chopped my fender and ditched the rear brake light, I have the run turn brake module installed. What I want to do is ditch the rear circuit board all together and just wire my tail lights into the main harness that ran inside the fender....is this possible? If so which wires from the harness do I want to connect the black and violet wires coming from each tail light to?

Old 09-18-2013, 12:48 AM
akhdrider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried everything in the world to get those pins out of the plug, paperclip.. everything.. could not get them to budge!

Originally Posted by mreed
It's as simple as using just the turn signal wires from the module, red lenses and stock rear turn signals. The Badlands load equalizer only provides resistance for L.E.D. turn signals to flash...and you cannot simply install dual fillament bulbs UNLESS you have 3 wire lights BUT you still need some sort of module or relay bank or applying the brakes will override the flash signal. Wire 1 is ground, Wire 2 is basic light and Wire 3 is brighter light. Turn signals are dumb units, meaning, they only do what they're told. If you are trying to run a turn signal and then hit the brakes Wire 3 will stay on negating the flash.

Actually, I just found this pic. I didn't remove any wires from the module. I removed the unnecessary wires from the stock tail light harness that plugs in to the module. This is the harness that runs down the fender.

The brown wire will now run straight to the violet wire on the RIGHT side turn signal. The violet wire will now run straight to the viloet wire on the LEFT side turn signal. The black wire is a ground so that wire will need to be split and run to both turn signals.

Leave the BLUE wire if you want to leave yourself a constant power for the license plate light. I removed it because I drilled a hole in the bottom side of the red lense and light shines down onto the plate for plenty of night time plate lighting.

This is for a 2004. I'm pretty sure yours should be the same...or similar enough.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:31 PM
akhdrider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Before and After Photos Rear Fender Chop

LOOK, I love it!
Thanks to you guys who helped me with this!
Thanks a LOT!

Attached Thumbnails Need advise-Fender Chop & Tail Light Removal-before-fender-chop.jpg   Need advise-Fender Chop & Tail Light Removal-side1.jpg   Need advise-Fender Chop & Tail Light Removal-side2.jpg   Need advise-Fender Chop & Tail Light Removal-rear-1.jpg  
Old 07-17-2018, 02:27 AM
Pdaiver20
Stage I
Default Chopped fender problem

Originally Posted by akhdrider
LOOK, I love it!
Thanks to you guys who helped me with this!
Thanks a LOT!
Aye brother. I know this is old.. but I was wondering if you Could let me know how you re-wired yours. It looks pretty clean..